PM TUNING boost bottle

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by BennyBoyDNA, Feb 25, 2010.

1. BennyBoyDNA

BennyBoyDNA New Member

Rides:
    gilera runner :)
    I have a gilera runner with 6.5 rollers and up jetted to a 60,, do you think i should get a boost bottle or not. And could you tell me what a boost bottle does please

thanks very much :)

2. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    some body asked this question a few days ago....

the search button is your friend homie :thumbsup:

3. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    Yea use the search loads of crap about these on here. 99% of us will tell you they are not worth buying as the performance gains are un-noticable and they can be a pain to setup.

They normally would connect to the engine manifold, im unsure where as ive never botherd with these shit bottles.. I think it requires tapping your own hole into the manifold, then while the engine is running, it fills up with mixture and dumps it into the cylinder. Creating a double rich mixture which is why these can be a knob to setup.

In theory you should see better acceleration due to the extra fuel being dumped into the engine. But unfortunally, gains are minimal therefore not worth the money and hassle.

They do look good as a show piece on your bike, you can always fit one of those nice looking metal ones, and have coloured fuel lines runner from it to around the carb so it looks functional, but really just tie the lines up somewhere.

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    totally wrong.... a boost bottle is MENT to pulswe wiht the reeds.. matching the pumnping effect through the carb. basicly the bottle will give the inlet tract a pulse area. this is basicly a volume of the inlet that is equal to the cylinder. the idea behind the boost bottle is when you are at full throttle the bottle will fill and empty equally wiht the engine/reeds opperation, when you off the throttle the pressure will store up some mixture so when you RE aplly the throttle the mix is in the inlet tract and not having to quickly mix it in the carb... geard bikes benifit from tuned boost bottles (hence they have fitted them to dt's and the like for years) they make up for pulling in the wrong gear (low revs) and frequent on off's of the throttle....

basicly an auto engine has FUCK ALL use for one... plus the bottles avalable are nowhere near the right dimentions/length/feed pipe or even plumbed in correctly to the bike.

good idea, useless princaples... especially on a scooter.

5. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

Yep, X8R's have them fitted as standard, tryed running it with it and without it and didnt notice any difference at all, literally....

My DT had one fitted as standard inall (possibly two smaller chambers if I recall?), although because its a geared bike I left it in place for the reasons mentioned above, never tried it without.

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    sucks wihtout, otherwise yamaha wouldent fit one :) its basicly a way of running a huge carb wihtout loosing bottom end. scooters arnt geard tho so a "boost" bottle is worthless... the malossi ones actually TAKE power from the engine rather than add to it. somthings moving the springb inside the bottle afterall :)