pm tuning billet heads

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by jj180, Jan 6, 2008.

1. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    right me mate said hes got a pm tuning billet head that i could buy off him cheap, its the one that goers under the original skullcap on a runner says sumin bout increased compression so what does it actually do and will it get any better speed

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    work well with a ported setup and race fuel.. worthless on a road bike especially with an unported barrel.. higher compression is rarely usefull in a 2t as the fuel doesent burn as it should or at the speed it should. its down to fuel use, rpm and exhaust port hight an the 172 head is fine for bolt on application

3. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    what about if i get it for nuffin will it make a slight difference even if i dotn notice it lol

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if you get it for nothing sell it to me

all you will notice is a different sound and power delivery. wastes more fuel than it burns tho so absoloutly no point. you need higher octain fuel to make use fo higher compression as you need it to burn quicker at a higher compression. road fuel on unported barrels need the comp ratio malossi offer with there head.

will be different dont get me wrong, but wont be any faster. will kill the engine alot quicker tho as the conrod and main bearings are under a heavier load.

there made to compensate for compression losses due to raising the port hights so fuck all use on a stock barrel

5. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    fair enough prob wont bother then cant b asked thansk for ya help minor

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if its free get it an ill give you some dosh for it.. i got use for it dw :D

7. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    owww cant ya jstu port my barrel for me to make it work lol

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye corse...

£100 tho LOL

9. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    u live in tottenham dont u ? and ruffly how much better will it be then how long will it take etc

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i live in mitcham (neer stretham/brixton/wimbeldon) will take a day and will give you a little more power on pulloff but silly ammounts above 30... its like your going 0-10mph all the way to 70 LOL....

only one way to find out but its the best power to £ you will ever spend ;)

11. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    right so what will i ave to give ya very intrested

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the barrel... and 100 quid obv :D LOOOOOOOOOL

you wont be disapointed and will kill anything unported.. need a gear up to not flip in less than a second tho..
    i recomend a pipe decent variator and fresh rollers/belt and minimum of a 25mm carb. 28 is better but a 30 would be nice.. 30's are a pain tho as you cant run the oil pump

13. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    i have a pm 59 and 25ml carb already bikes good as it is whopped a bike that had near on every part but was set up crap tonight on the way to ace he was amazed so u tell me wat to get ill get it bearing in mind at the mo i onli have pm59 172 and carb but can buy other parts im very intrested in doing this and will pay the right price have u got any of the bits to sell me ?

14. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    m8.. pm59 25mm carb ported with all stock parts will still piss on any bolt on build.. crank might not like it if i go silly but ive ruun over 24bhp on a stock crank befor now.

bhp is in stock as always here at MRT ;)

15. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    fair enough so ill be alright until i buy everythign else then and wat u rekon u can stretch outta my cyclinder then bhp wise

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    hate quoting power as its not the case... its at what speed it holds the power for.. at 70mph most 172's have around 4bhp left.. mild port holds around 16 at 70... so you have the pulloff power befor your pm at 70mph..

its always guess work tbh so dont quote figures but its alot stronger in midrange

17. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    i see im new to the porting thing what im going to do is get a 180 vario which monty me old mate is getting me (thanks hopeflly) then a gear up get u to do me barrel and sort u out a extra drink then put it all in at once o yh 180 belt aswell what rollers u rekon sorry to be a pain

18. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    he says he has standard 125 rollers

fuck me the bike goes like a bat out of hell :w00t:

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    use the 125 belt with 19x15.5 rolers at around 13.5/14g... space it right tho.. if you bring the gear up ill press it up for the drink ;)

20. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300
    that may be me being stupid but im confused lol and yeah id rather pay u then someone better to keep it in the family u not got a gearup for me then minor