Please help yamaha neos

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Mr coin, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Mr coin

Mr coin New Member

I have a Yamaha Neos 50 but when I full Throttle at top speed it starts 2 bog down until I start re-throttle again

I have checked the rollers they are standard 6.5 grams and the Jet size is 62 the rollers have a little wear and tear on one side of them and the more wait on the bike the more it wants to bog

I have also derestricted the bike and it still does the same thing

Could it be the rollers or is it fuel starvation

Also when the bike is on the stand if I full Throttle after a few seconds the bike will bog and if I hold the throttle open the bike starts to backfire

Thanks

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    you derestricted it , you need to go a couple jets higher something like a 68 jet

again with a derestriction you get more power, but with more power it requires more fuel and you get more fuel by adding a bigger jet size (main jet )

if you remove carb you MUST make sure the airbox hose is fitted tight to the carb and the carb to the manifold on engine is nice and snug and sealed ( usually a rubber hose or a manifold on the carb itself with a little rubber o-ring, ) if these are loose and leaking air you tend to get bogging problems - starting porblems as the mix is to lean with the added air drawn in through these leaking areas.

running the scooter in a super lean condition is NOT GOOD, there is a chance you can overheat the piston and rings and they will then expand to much, this causes them to either snap and tear up the cylinder or they become heat seized and the engine just stops.

You MUST upjet the carb when you derestrict any scooter, if your not sure what your doing it is best to take scooter to a local bike shop and have them do the work. they will set the scooter up correctly and test ride to make sure its running as should do.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Goodbye rings...