PLEASE HELP! Oil pressure piaggio 125 air cooled

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Luke2017ss, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Luke2017ss

Luke2017ss New Member

Took my bike out and after hour or so it cuts out at about 30mph, tried to restart and oil pressure light won't come on. After about 5mins bike started again(no oil warning light still) rid it about 30m and it cut out again. Waited another 10 min it started managed to get it home maybe 1/2 mile ( although it felt like it wanted to stop keeping revs up kept it going) come out next morning and wasn't enough power to start the bike, jumped it with a pack and it ran idle for maybe 2 minuets cut out and wouldn't start again unless left for about half an hour. Checked oil an toped it up.

Typhoon 2012 125 my11. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP- usually the threads on this forum help me solve my problems but for 1st time i cant find a solution any help is very appreciated.

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    have you had a look at the valve timings lately ? could be possible they are starting to tighten up or loosen off , these should be checked every so often at service , a tight valve can show up as some funny symptoms , exhaust wise an non fully opening valve can start to overheat the motor , and inlet valve can hinder fuel flow .

i would pop the top valve cover off and use feeler gauges to check the clearences buddy just get that outta the way first , if thats not the cause we can look into other areas . as for oil pressure its possible the sender sensor has failed and that could be why your getting no pressure light on start up.

Oh and welcome to the scooter shack

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017