plans for my sr to be!

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Sw1fT, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    im in the middle of buyin an sr at the moment and im looking to tune it and i want some opinions on what i plan to do, i wana make it a wheelie machine! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

stage6 racing 70cc kit
    malossi crank
    malossi mhr replica inlet
    stage6 pro replica chrome exhaust
    malossi multivar variator
    hebo racing r clutch
    stage6 clutch bell
    stage6 primary gear up

whats good, whats bad?

EDIT:
    i may not do it all at once, what is best to start with and what can be left till last? or is it best to wait till i can get all of it?

Slayeh^

2. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Swap the Pro rep for a Yasuni City 16.

Forget the clutch and get a torque drive insted.

Add a 21mm carb to the list and an unlimited CDI.

You do realise you will have very little reliablility and you will have to change the rings few hundred miles?

3. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    why so unreliable?

what could i do to make it more reliable?

what would be a good tuning spec, im on a budget but i want good performance with good reliability?

Slayeh^

4. tErr0

To make it more reliable you would have to choose a different kit over the Stage6. The MHR Rep would be the best choice.

Single ring, high revving kits need near perfect jetting and lots of looking after or they go bang very easily.

As for the budget you don't really need to run an aftermarket crank on a MHR Rep setup so that will save you quite a lot of money.

5. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    the reason im choosing that is because the current crank has almost 20k on it, so tuning it now could stress the crank?
    and i was going to go for a mhr rep but that means harder choice of exhaust? or is yasuni c16 still ok?

cheers terro haha your a massive help mate

Slayeh^

6. tErr0

7. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    yeh but this crank has almost 20k on it? or will it still be fine, coz i dont want it to go and cost more money then simply replacing the crank.

and im looking for a city16, i take it they are E marked?
    so ill have to hack out the restrictions, anyone know where they are? and how to get to them?

Slayeh^

8. tErr0

It's all piece of mind really. No one can say what condition your crank/bearings are in so there is no simple answer.

MHR Rep's probably can snap a crank or make the bearings fail quicker but i havn't ever heard of it happening.

Just make sure you're not going to be ripped off when it comes to paying someone to change your crank. Places do charge silly amounts like £300 when you can get the same job done for a third of that.

The C16 isn't e-marked. The City 16 is.

9. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    so would it be easier to just get the c16? or get the city16 and remove the restrictions? and i was going to chage the crank myself? with a new set of bgm bearings and seals?

peace of mind is also what im after, ive got about 2 months to do this and earn the money etc so it should be ok, want to be on the road on this by the middle of april, ready for summer :w00t:

Slayeh^

10. tErr0

City 16! The restrictions are piss easy to remove and it's a far better exhaust. Check the news section for a mini review of it.

If you know how then that sounds good to me. Otherwise it may not be the best idea to attempt it on brand new parts first time.

11. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    i was just going to look up a guide, unless any of you can tell me? that failed my mates dad can always help :w00t:
    but i do want to know how anyway

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    first thing to do is read the haynes manual, lots of important information in there. then forget the method they use and have a read about. everyone prefers there method but mine doesent require a hammer.

13. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    unless you really want top speed, forget the gear-up, sooo much more fun without.

what Engine is it? minarelli or piaggio?

14. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    i wont go for gear up, all im looking for is around the 60-65 mark, maybe higher, with really good acceleration and good reliability. trying to make a good all rounder that i can wheelie!

Slayeh^

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    not gonna get anywhere 65 true speed without a gear up.. some people struggle to that with one. typhoon 172 without a gearup will only do 65 still.
    will wheely like mad with any barrel on there (its about skill not power)

16. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    65 plus, i'd say you will need a gear-up or a limitless CDI and a hell of a good gasflow.

my Area51 shows 63 (on the clock) and thats running a malossi gear-up, wish i'd not bothered sometimes because i like the aceleration.
    (had it read 73 today slipstreaming a derezzed 7.5 tonner)

17. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    i think ive been persuaded, im not going to go for a gear up and im not going to go for mental speeds, in all honesty its not worth it as i dont live in a very remote area and so actually going that fast is a challenge even if i was in a skyline!

cheers everyone, now to find an sr! the one i was looking at getting turned out to be shit haha

Slayeh^

18. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

Slayeh^ where are you from as you fit the descrption of a lad ma m8 knows

19. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    im from down in worthing, near brighton

haha is the description a complete tard then :p

20. wobbly_trials