Piaggio Zip Spec Help

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by dan189216, Aug 21, 2017.

1. dan189216

dan189216 Member

Would this be a good spec set up for piaggio zip ac?

- Stage6 chrome exhaust
    - Stage6 21mm R/T MK II PWK racing carb
    - Stage6 SportPro 70cc aluminium cylinder kit
    - Stage6 19x15.5 variator roller box set (6.5g to 9.5g)
    - Stage6 drive belt
    - Naraku HPC racing full circle crankshaft
    - SKF crank bearings / seals C4 - uprated race

I have heard that aftermarket drive belts are less reliable than stock?
    Also could you go without uprating the crankshaft and bearings, If i have to buy the naraku crankshaft and skf bearings i will but just trying to get a perspective of other peoples opinions, Cheers.

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    skf bearings yes ...... naraku crank hmmmmmmm i would look at something a bit better like top preformance crank or likes , naraku aint as good as what they make out to be in my eyes.

the rest of the setup is fine i very much doubt you will even get close to the 9.5g rollers 5g to 7.5g more ideal as a set , aim is to keep the motor high in rpm the 9.5g will just block all the low end grunt and you will never be able to harness the powerband spread low down enough.

3. dan189216

dan189216 Member

ah cheers mate, the reason why im aiming to get naraku crank and not stage6 is because I have money limit mate

4. dan189216

dan189216 Member

I would just get this set up to save money but not as good performance and speed.

or
    Stage6 Chrome Exhaust
    Stage6 Sport Pro mkII cylinder ac 70s
    TNT tuning race carb 21mm
    Stage6 Variator

but would I still need a uprated crank and bearings for this set up? Or could I just keep them stock because in this set up im not including stage6 21mm carb im using tnt 21mm carb?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  5. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    stock crank would not last very long due to the extra power being put through it from the sport pro II , it would work BUT the crank could fail at some point and the bearings would destroy themselves .

carb it dont matter, its the size that counts nowt with the make model of the carb. it could be some cheap chinese thing but as long as you can rejet it and its a bit larger than the usual 12mm-14mm stock carbs you whould be fine.

SPEED !!!!!

dont be expecting Gforce like stretching of your facial skin as your hurling down the road, it aint gonna happen , you can only go a certain speed due to the size of the variator and its fixed half pully, the size of the rear pulley, the length of the belt and the gearing ratio in the rear gearbox . when you see posts about folks doing 120km its becasue they have a Gear UP Kit fitted , this changes the ratio in the rear gearbox so its a lot taller and due to having 70cc and around 7-9PS your able to pull the higher gear ratio. BUT you loose some low down acell and gain a larger top speed. Gear up kits can be a pain to fit due to the need on some that requires a hydrolic press to seat the gear ring onto the shaft already installed in the rear gearbox on the scooter, that also means removing the old gear ring from the shaft to, without a hydro press its neigh on impossible

6. dan189216

dan189216 Member

ah alirght mate cheers

7. dan189216

dan189216 Member

so a motoforce evo crank kit would work better?

also would a stage6 r/t mk11 pwk race carb 21mm have alot better performance than the tnt racing 21mm carb? Becuase the stage6 is £82.90 where'as the tnt is only £39.95?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    motoforce crank yeah

carbs :

what happens is you tend to pay for the name, its stage 6 and that means you pay for that name stage 6, carbs do the same thing they meter fuel to a given amount and let the engine draw it in. 21mm is the outer id of the carb you tend to find the inner slide id is a lot smaller somewhere around 15-18mm

point of the carb is just to deliver a metered amount of fuel, the name means nothing, take a dello carb and a chinese copy, one costs you upwards £100 the other costs you £30 , but theres just one thing they both do the exact same job deliver fuel thats it, ok one may have a nice black coating and look kinda sexy but lets be fair it could be bright pink but if it delivers the fuel who cares right ?

if the tnt is £40 and the stage size near on double the cost its upto you but in my heart i would be going for that cheaper option and saving myslef a few quid i can use to buy some jets so i can tune the cheap carb and have it do what it needs, just feed my engine and bore kit fuel so i can get power.

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

21mm is the opening of the venturi not the OD....
    But im an anorak.