piaggio zip pm tuning 70cc kits ?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Alex Ziip Thomas, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Alex Ziip Thomas

Alex Ziip Thomas New Member

Rides:
    11 plate piaggio zip
    i already have a stage 6 pro replica exhaust and stage 6 variator + upjet but like only does about 50 and i have been thinking about getting a 70 kit for it but like a couple of my mates have them but on aeorxs also i dont want to be spending allot like i priced up the pm tuning one agains the cost of a stage 6 one and stage 6 is 100 pound more expensive :(............... anyy tips :p ?

2. xplicit vehicle

xplicit vehicle Member

Rides:
    PGO Big Max 50
    umm. u dont just buy a kit mate, u (usually) buy a new carb, new rollers, jet size. thats the bare minimal. it will add up to over £100 but the money u put in is the perfomance u get given back

and oh yeah when u put a 70cc kit on a standard gearing, all youll be doing is just reaching ur maximum gear ratio, which in ur case could be 55mph

3. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Don't buy a pm kit, it will reck your standard crank. Go the root I went, Buy a polini sport,exhaust get it jetted, you'll need about 6gram rollers you'll hit 58 dyno speed which is the top of the gearing. :)

4. callum/ZIP70'S

callum/ZIP70'S New Member

If your only getting 55mph you have the complete wrong set up. I had a fully standard bike, only de-restricted and i was getting 44mph and after putting on exhaust and mixed rollers ( 3 standard and 3 exhaust ) i was getting 60mph!! now ive got a pm tuning 70 kit, ran it in at 30mph for 200miles and now im getting 75mph and im getting there quick, keeping up with geared 125's and fully kitted 125 peds

172NRG ASH likes this.
  5. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    You got a gear up yeah ?

6. callum/ZIP70'S

not gear up kit, getting it next week but its not needed all the time. it just gives you higher ratios and a gear up kit will give you a little bit better acceleration

7. iNEEDaNEWped

iNEEDaNEWped Member

you dont get 60mph with just an exhaust. maybe clock speed. and running mixed roller weights will fuck up your variator. and you definitely dont get close to 75 without a gearup. no chance.

8. callum/ZIP70'S

Its getting 75 now, i clocked it against mates car

9. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    your mates car lies. I own 2 zips. Both don't do anywhere near that. I have full access to a dyno, guess what. They do 58 without a gear up.

10. callum/ZIP70'S

i got pm 70's, malossi variator, malossi clutch, malossi belt, malossi reeds, 19mm tnt carb, stage 6 air filter, stage 6 crankshaft, stage 6 inlet, my bike does 75mph.

11. iNEEDaNEWped

iNEEDaNEWped Member

buy all the malossi and stage 6 parts you want. it's simple, without a gearup, those speeds are unachievable, unless you dropped it off the leaning tower of pisa.

12. gilly_runner

gilly_runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner
    ^ Lool or unless your bike revs to 18,000 rpm but i can guarantee its not possible with your setup...
    tbh i think you and you mate might be reading kmh instead of mph so thats 46 mph :)

172NRG ASH and iNEEDaNEWped like this.
  13. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    lol, What I dopn't get is you're arguing when I can prove it's total bollocks.

14. gilly_runner

gilly_runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner
    I dare not get him started as mine says it goes 75mph he might start saying see..... but i know for a fact my bike cant reach them speeds even with my setup without a gear up hence why i brought a 18% one and my bike has a nrg power speedo with a runner front wheel so its gone very optimistic lool 75 mph without a gear up i wish

iNEEDaNEWped and Jonnymarrw00t like this.
  15. 172NRG ASH

172NRG ASH build it, ride it, break it, start it again......

Rides:
    nrg172cc,,runner70cc
    lol ive got a a/c zip with a c16 carrera stage6 racing mk2 with port work stage 6 crank carb etc standerd gears got satnav on it said 75 -76mph lol i didnt belive it coz people say zip gears hit 60mph at most lmao so put it on a power run (dyno) and it just got 78mph wich is right because they say you loose about 3mph from a dyno to road speed :D so some one is talking outa there arse down the line lol :D and i will put a dyno sheet up if any one thinks am chating shit its how good you set them up and wat spec you run

and yes mate standerd crank with a pm kit standerd carb is fine you will probs see 60mph at most but will get there alot faster ive just striped a bike with same set up been running like that for 3 year with 3 piston changes lol only need to change crank when you go over board ie revve pipe revve clutch or hard springs and port work these kits put 12bhp with port work at the most ideal kit for begginers in scooter tunning

16. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    I think you're chatting shit. I deffo got the same kit and does not even do 78mph with a gear up kit ? On pedparts dyno.

17. 172NRG ASH

Rides:
    nrg172cc,,runner70cc
    ill try find dyno sheet out and take a pic of it and put it on here soon as pal was done on cheisal speeds dyno

18. 172NRG ASH

Rides:
    nrg172cc,,runner70cc
    and also went to straightliners event in york and was getting 55mph on 1/8th of a mile and wasnt evan setting of right lol and tht is done by speed traps same as what police use