Piaggio Zip not starting??

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by dan189216, Apr 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

If you get a standard reed block get original piaggio, it will work fine. but there are uprated ones on there Which are better

Like I said the intake manifold is heavily restricted usually any way so look in to that too while your there. They sell the unrestricted ones on that website

dan189216 likes this.
  2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

If you pull the reed block of the intake and take a pic of the intake manifold I’ll tell you if it’s restricted or not if your not sure

dan189216 likes this.
  3. dan189216

dan189216 Member

I just ordered that reed block, also the manifold I got is deristricted.

CGC likes this.
  4. dan189216

dan189216 Member

Turned out to be the reads cheers for all the help guys

Sam phantom and CGC like this.
  5. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    glad to hear you got it sorted.

dan189216 likes this.
  6. dan189216

dan189216 Member

It rides nice but when I gets to say 30-40mph it slightly cuts out and keeps going again, like losing power‍♂️

7. Macauley

Macauley New Member

When riding if you full open the throttle and the bike bogs or stutters the you are not getting enough fuel mate that will be your main jet being to small and if it does it on quarter to half throttle it will be your needle needs adjusting, and if you are running a 17.5mm carb sometimes you can be draining the float bowl out of fuel, because the engine is requiring more fuel an your carb can hold and pass fuel on to the engine, i never run 17.5 mm carbs on 70cc or high kits for the reason of there to small and buy running your bike low on fuel to engine also runs it low on oil too which reduces the life of the topend and crank and can cause it to blow up

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Errr..............running low on fuel makes it also run low on oil???

na..............

That would only occur if you are running premix, and seeing as all the zips have an oil pump the opposite would happen.

Personnally, I have run a lot of builds on 17.5mm carbs and they have gone very well. But each to their own.