Piaggio zip headlight problem

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by fallon, Sep 29, 2012.

1. fallon

fallon Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50
    Hey guys,
    My headlight on my piaggio zip doesn't work at all on low beam and when on high beam it works fine it has the standard head light and it only has one bulb in the headlight. And does anyone know how to take the bulb out of the headlight as well I don't know how to and I'm thinking that means I have to take all the panels off the handle bars again :( .

2. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    yes panels off to get at the bulb. You may have the wires mixed up to the bulb...think theres 3 from memory. If not check the bulb...just 1 of the filaments could have gone

3. Todi-Corsa

Todi-Corsa 4 stroke thumper

dual filimant bulb usual suspect Low beam filiment burned out mate does that due to it being perminatly switched on as they do on zips and most other scoots, straight forward change whip the handle bar plastic off by undoing the 3 screws, access to the bulb by unpluging the wires to the bulb, turn bulb holder to release bulb from the headlight unit and fit new bulb, make a note of which wires plug in where theres only 3 thou so not a real big headache :)

4. fallon

fallon Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50
    Yea found that all out :) but the filament looked fine but I got out the multimeter and its the low beam filament burnt out even though it looks fine :confused: and yes there is 3 wires 1 common negative and the high/low beam wires you cant get them mixed up the connectors are different sizes and dont need to be disconnected to take the bulb out.

5. Todi-Corsa

Todi-Corsa 4 stroke thumper

Depends how short your wires are, mine need to be unpluged ;)

6. fallon

fallon Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50
    Actually after getting a new bulb and being like wtf it still doesnt work the bit where you push the bulb in doesnt transfer the low beams positive to the bulb properly if I stick wire in between it works fine gonna give it a bit of sanding to remove any "shit" that may be stuck to it and give it another go.

Todi-Corsa likes this.