Piaggio zip front fairing

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by Collis1996, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Collis1996

Collis1996 New Member

Hi, I have a piaggio zip 50 2t 09 plate. Before I have my MOT I need a new horn as mine is currently broken, I have the new horn required, but I am having trouble taking the front fairing off. I have removed all the screws and it still worn slide of :/ I don't want to pull on it to much incase it breaks. I heard they maybe a screw behind the piaggio badge but don't want to pull it off, or is the fairing clipped in? Help?? A video would be amazing or just a description :) thanks

2. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    there a screw in the glove box, 2 at the bottom that go through from inner panel to front fairing, one in the centre at the front, 2 at the top fastened from the glove inner panel
    think thats all from memory........

3. Collis1996

Collis1996 New Member

Well the ones I found are, two at the top two in the glove box, and two at the bottom and the one on the front of the panel at te top. When I take all of them out I can pull the front off a little bit but it feels like it's being held in :/ do the fairings clip together some how?

4. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    its probably the arm that opens the glove box thats hold the front panel in situ...it hooks up the rear of a collar on the ignition barrel area. If you have the SP model you can shine a torch through the side vent in the front panel and see where its located...also makes it alot easier when trying to put things back together too