Piaggio zip doesn't start :/

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Aidan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Aidan

Aidan If it still works it isn't tuned enough.

Rides:
    Aerox 70
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

3. LewisDibz

LewisDibz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio zip 70cc
    Aidan have you sorted yours out yet as my zip 70cc dose the same thing will start but really hard to get going then when turnd off it want start back up straigt away.
    and I have tyred everything from clean carb down jetting new rollers new spark plug ect..

4. Aidan

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    Alright mate, I had a loss of compression, when I changed it from a 70 back to a 50, there was a gasket for the 70 but couldn't see one for the 50 so I used the 70 one, then it work fine, and then the fault occurred and the gasket was basically f*cked, and was leaking compression out, not sure why it ran fine when started though:/ What exactly happened to yours? Do you have a thread?

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Oh yeah thats a thing, piaggios with lc dont have a head gasket

6. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D

7. LewisDibz

LewisDibz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio zip 70cc
    http://www.scootershack.co.uk/threa...really-hard-to-get-started-help-please.31258/
    There is my problem mate its a right pain to start then when I finally get it started it fund fine but if I turn the bike off it want start again lol befor I got it there is Invoice from a bike shop saying new crank and bearing fited only 4 months ago and said barrel and piston were fine,
    Is your working now and dose it start fist time?
    Cheers Lewis

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Im serious, they machine the heads and the barrels to each other. Its caught me out a few times, I meant air cooled tho! My brain is still in bed

9. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    yer AC is a bit more like it but even then they still have a gas kit, because under the heat made they cant guarantee that will shift the same and stay sealed, so i think your wrong. i don't understand how fitting a gas kit would catch you out? if you have too much squish you adjust the base gas kit. i would say 100% without seeing it with my own eyes ALL 2t engine's need an head gas kit to seal the cylinder. most have a copper or a crush type metal gas kit.

BUT if you show me some info from a manufacturer showing no head gas kit seal is needed and i will eat my PC screen.

10. LewisDibz

LewisDibz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio zip 70cc
    Am still in need of head guys still hard as fuck to start up lol
    Cleaned the carb 5 times tyre lower and higher jets
    Checked the Reed block that's fine,
    But 2 stroke down the head it sometime starts if I jump it of a car battery
    Any help would be great people
    Cheers :)

11. Aidan

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    Alright mate, get some spray bottle, I use a nasal spray and fill it with petrol, take your air filter manifold of the carb spray it a couple of times into there and see if it starts, mine fires up perfect once that's done :/ I had a Yamaha Aerox before the Zip and it was leaking petrol from the float bowl and did the same thing (Cured it with bathroom sealant;)) So I'm looking at my float bowl next :) Let us know how you get on.

12. LewisDibz

LewisDibz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio zip 70cc
    What so you sprayed petrol into your air box manifold or into your carb mate? My float blow ant leaking as I have already checked for that lol once running its fine but if I turn it off it will defo not start for some time after dont see why not as its not over heating or anything :/

13. Aidan

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    Into the carb mate, and sounds like our faults could be slightly different :/ as mine is fine if I use it everyday it's when it's sat for while

14. LewisDibz

LewisDibz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio zip 70cc
    Yer mines is everyday lol thinking of just selling the thing as I have tryed everything I could think of and note is working
    Nice ped aswell but boring me

15. Aidan

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    Look at your HT lead, and spark, see if you can borrow a cdi off someone might not be sparking. Mine was running sh*t and the HT lead was slighty frayed put a new one on it and it ran like a dream.... And yeah I know I'm selling mine, already bought another Aerox ;)

16. LewisDibz

LewisDibz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio zip 70cc
    It's got a nice spark already checked for that but ill get a new ht lead just to be on the safe side lol yer I have a yamaha dtr 125 aswell just got this to tune the hell out of saves me messing with the dtr haha

17. LewisDibz

LewisDibz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio zip 70cc
    Aeroxs are nice bikes mate always wanted a 100cc one when I was younger but got a 172 instead :/

18. Aidan

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    Ahh decent mate and yeah I know rather piss about with a zip than a dtr, hahaa. did you get a 172 Aerox? :D

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_Dyane ok thats a citroen, but plenty of motors dont have head gaskets, have you never taken an ac piaggio apart? i can 100% tell you the ac ones dont have head gaskets as standard : http://www.easyparts.nl/showdrawing...m4450-s20034-d145867/Cylinder_head_cover.html
    still not sure why they dont have a gasket, very wierd if you ask me.

20. LewisDibz

LewisDibz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio zip 70cc
    Ner mate I got a gilera runner 172 was a sick twist and go fast as lol