piaggio zip 70 flowed. runs for 15 mins then dies

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by nibbles, Feb 6, 2011.

1. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

piaggio zip ac cast iron 70 .
    flowed cases
    widened tranfers
    125 21 mm carb mani and reed block
    gianelli reverse
    think it was 5 gram rollers
    90 jet (bit rich i know)
    125 k n n style filter
    malossi belt

been fully rebuilt and had a couple heat cycles it runs for 15 mins bogs and loss of power let off throttle then power comes back .i let it cool down .then set off again ,another 5 mins it does it again ,but this time it cuts out i restart and starts up on first kik idles fine but wen i try pull off it boggs and cuts out .iv checked the sprak plug and its slightly rich but still brown .i cleaned it but this didnt help.

any ideas

2. 70RSMAT

70RSMAT Member

you cant tell anything from looking at the plug after its just been sat idling, sounds rich

3. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

that was from 30 i pulled immediatly over and checked .if it was just because it was rich why would it run for 15 mins fine mate

4. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

its sold and the lads coming to get it tomoz any ideas chaps

5. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    auto choke ?

6. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

im starting to think auto choke aswell coz im not retarded this aint a wat jet size shall i put in question lol iv gone all the way from rich through to lean and the problem hasnt changed so it aint jettin. the shitty k and n filter aint helpin but thats wat the lad wanted so thats wat he got lol. iv borrowed a carb so im going to swap it out and see wat happens.

the wiring loom only had a plug for auto choke it didnt have one for the (what i assume is a heat sensor) at the mouth of the carb . dya think this means the chokes just on permanatly ?