Piaggio zip 50 cylinder head torque bolts!??

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Nickzip50, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Nickzip50

Nickzip50 Member

I've bought a new 50 bore for my 2 stroke zip 50, can someone tell me what to torque the head down to? And please don't just give me go look in a manual or look it up on a website cos I can't find it anywhere what do you think? Multiple opinions please

2. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
  3. Nickzip50

Nickzip50 Member

Ok thanks

4. Nickzip50

Nickzip50 Member

I lost one of the piston pin clips, can I use the old one?

5. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    as long as its not been sprained whilst taking out...make sure its not dropped into the casing. Always place a cloth under the piston when taking the clips out

Its not good practice to use them again but its been done for years...just make sure its in there nice and tight

6. Nickzip50

Nickzip50 Member

Yep that's cool cheers

7. Nickzip50

Nickzip50 Member

Hi, I having a lot of trouble, got the new barrel and piston on, and I'm trying to get it started but there's something wrong in the carb, I've set the needle clip to the level that it tried to start best at, and I've set the fuel/air mixture back to factory settings and fiddled with the idle to its full extent, it's trying but just not starting I've tried using the throttle and that just kills it completely, help

8. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    is there fuel getting to the plug..is there enough compression, do you have a spark?

try easy start down the inlet

9. Nickzip50

Nickzip50 Member

There's a spark. And there's fuel, and conpression hence new barrel and piston, don't have any easy start but I've tried putting petrol in the barrel and nothing at all