Piaggio Zip 50 4t Dash Warning Lights

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by GaryB3488, Aug 3, 2019.

1. GaryB3488

GaryB3488 New Member

Hi all, new to the forum from QLD Australia down under! I have a 2006 Zip 50 4t, the ignition light and low fuel light dont light up on the dash when you switch the key on. The indicator and high beam lights work. Any ideas? Perhaps ignition switch? Reading the manual the ignition light and low fuel light are supposed to light up for 10s when you turn the ignition key on? Any help appreciated ... GB

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Have you checked if the bulbs are blown.?.,
    have an '06' myself /1st thing I'd check after connections .

3. GaryB3488

GaryB3488 New Member

thanks checked all globes AOK. Indicator dash light works as well as high beam indicator.

4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Might wanna replace red/green block on the back of ignition switch,fairly cheap.

5. GaryB3488

GaryB3488 New Member

Thanks, I took the front panel off yesterday and traced wiring back to the ignition switch, looks OK and bike starts OK but never know for $15 its worth a try, the only other thing I was think was checking at the fuel switch on the tank to make sure the connector and wiring is OK. Many thanks unfortunately the Piaggio Zips are not as popular in AUS ! Gary B

6. B44vic

B44vic New Member

Hey GaryB3488 did you ever get to the bottom of the dash light problem? I have a 2006 that has this problem, it started all of a sudden, I have checked all globes/bulbs , wiring looks ok , indicator and high beam light works just the oil and fule light have stopped working?

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Check the connections on the rear of the clocks.
    Also, both the fuel and oil sender units can be individually tested.
    Unplug the connection at each tank and bridge the pins, loom side, with a spilt pin or piece of wire. If the wiring is ok then the light/gauge will move or come on