Piaggio Zip 50 2t Speedometer stopped working after heavy rain - Please Help.

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Socrates P Konissis, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Socrates P Konissis

Socrates P Konissis www.makeitsogadgets.com

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc 2t
    Hi,
    New to the forum, so !
    My Piaggio Zip 50 2t’s speedometer suddenly stopped working after heavy rain a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping that it might start up again when it dries up a bit but it hasn’t really stopped raining long enough for the bike to dry up and anyway, I don’t really think it will!
    Does anyone know anything about these? Is there a fuse or something that might have blown after getting wet or do you think it’s just a coincidence that it stopped after the rain? These is always condensation inside of the speedometer case and the blank instrument case on the other side after heavy rain!
    If anyone can point me in the right direction for fixing this, I would be very grateful. By the way, my scooter is 2012 and doesn’t get used much, mileage quite low ( and will stay low by the looks of it!!! ). It was covered every night up until last summer when the Oxford cover crusted up and had too many holes to cover up with duct tape! I do t think it’s a bad cable or anything like that, the scooter is in pretty good shape apart from this issue
    Any help, greatly appreciated!
    Socrates

2. Tutts

Tutts New Member

Don't know what the problem is. But my cable snapped. It's really cheap and easy to fit a new one

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Ditto,happened to my 4t50 - ends usual snap.;).