Piaggio zip 50 2t exhaust help

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Doc, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Doc

Doc New Member

My zips exhaust had a mega blow filled with holes so I have bought a new exhaust and there is a pip from the air box to the old exhaust but no way of connecting it on the new exhaust peopl have said leave it open and not to worry and people have said clamp/weld it I use it for work and will be fitting new exhaust tomorrow will it cause me problems if I don't seel up the pipe from the air box or must this be welded and cut ?

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

That's for exhaust gas recirculation to comply with european emissions bullshit.
    Just crimp it closed or seal it off.
    What exhaust was on it and what are you replacing it with?

3. Doc

Doc New Member

I had standard original exhaust on before, and I have just bought a standard replacement of eBay , haven't managed to fit it as was pissing down all day but it's a struggle for tools to crimp for me will have to find a make shift way to seal it , thanks for your reply

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Does the exhaust have no place to connect to it?

5. Doc

Doc New Member

Yea

6. Doc

Doc New Member

I have fitted new exhaust now the power is all over the place accelerates hard 10-20 then slow as fuck also used to 30 up hills now does like 20 at a push :/

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

need to rejet

8. Doc

Doc New Member

Ok is it a expensive job?

9. Doc

Doc New Member

Thanks for your input and help guys , I'm not the most mechanical person :)

10. Doc

Doc New Member

Spark plug seems good have also fitted a new one, could I also need to adjust roller weight to?