Piaggio zip 2t 2000

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Tommyboi9, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Tommyboi9

Tommyboi9 New Member

Hi guys just wondering if any one can help I recently brought a 2000 piaggio zip 2 stroke and 1/4 throttle and 1/2 throttle and 3/4 is fine and as soon as I reach full throttle it slows down as if it's almost bogging then slightly picks back up again but still not as quick as 3/4 of a throttle, can any 1 help?? Also since that was happening I decided to play about with the mixture screw, now i might have made it worse so can any1 also tell me what the factory setting is for the mixture screw please.

2. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
  3. Tommyboi9

Tommyboi9 New Member

4. markymark2

markymark2 Member

set mixture screw as Shunty recommended. I would make sure air filter is clean and fuel filter either one or combination of both being dirty could give the problem you describe , if both ok take carb off and clean jets and atomiser also make sure float bowl is clean ,(also check that main jet is correct size) reassemble and if problem persists then maybe a CVT problem , rollers may be too heavy , has anything been changed from stock ? many owners mess with the CVT and change components in a haphazard fashion trying to "tune" for more acceleration or top end but actually make it work badly. check everything is stock and rollers are in good condition also while you are at it check clutch/contra spring all good (may as well while you have transmission cover off) if possible ask previous owner what , if any , parts he had changed. Good luck.

5. Ts12

Ts12 New Member

I need some help I have Piaggio zip 50 I want make it a 70 I have 21ml carb what size jets to put in any help

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I'd say too big main jet ! What's been done to it ?

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Please don't hijack someone else's threads, it makes it hard to follow. Please start your own thread in the appropriate section.

MARSH likes this.
  8. Ts12

Ts12 New Member

I diddnt know how to create one

9. Tommyboi9

Tommyboi9 New Member

As far as I know its standard, standard pipe, 58 jet , airbox and I think the variator spacer has been removed. Top speed is around 38 but something's just not quite right it still gets to about 3/4 throttle fine then anything past that takes it back to idle but then slowly starts to pick up again however still not as quick as 3/4, also forgot to mention when the pilot screw is 1 1/2 turns out it makes my problem a lot worse so I have it 3/4 of a turn out and it seems to be ever so slightly better

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Ok, so that little snippet tells us something. By turning the air/fuel mix screw in to 3/4 it lessens the air and allows more fuel to air ratio.
    So, upjet one or two main jet sizes, leave the mix screw at 3/4, see how it goes.
    Then turn it out to 1 1/2 and see how it changes with the same jets.