Piaggio zip 2010 Bogging issue, help?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Mitchell.Stewart97, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Mitchell.Stewart97

Mitchell.Stewart97 New Member

Rides:
    Zips!
    *update*

Here's a list of parts for some insite:
    Polini 70cc ac sport (iron)
    Standard 17.5 delly w/ manual choke+ 75main
    Standard crank
    Standard variator and rollers an clutch
    Yusani z pipe + Malossi foam for box.

Is running with the 70 sounds lovely and have done a few warm up cycles. But when I took the bike out for a ride it would be fine and nippy at low revs and have a sudden gurgle and what feels like something restricting then revs super high and pulls the front end up.

Now this is the same type I was exsperiancing with the 50cc kit and bad jetting but now jetting is ok is still riding like sh*t! Was thinking the rollers are too light/heavy?... problem with the clutch springs?... or worn rollers. I'm sure jetting is fine with this setup and the problems deaper this bike was too good value to be easy lol, I have a variator to put on it but fear it will make it rev crazy high and ride unlike my zip I bought with bad frame! Somebody had already spent a lot of money on this bike and I'm scared I'll do the same

Pls pls pls i need some help thank you

Hi everyone don't know if I'm in the right place but I can try.

I have a piaggio zip 2010 2 stroke. The bike is basically standard as much as I know. I bought it for a good price as it had a 'Fuel issue' and needed jets replacing.

Well... I got the bike and fitted a sports Yusani Z pipe and decided to buy a new foam for the air box instead of a new filter. (Preference) Along with these I purchased some Dellorto 50-70 6mm jets. I believe this would be a perfect solution to the issue with a bit of added power before I start the Real Tune.

Baring in mind the bike was not riding well at all with the standard pipe and all restriction on It.

So basically all parts fitted started with 58 jet and the bike is still bogging down.

I'm not to sure if I need a new carb as there might be a problem or if there is any air leaks but the pipes between the air box and carb look fine along with manifold? I haven't really dug in and wanted some advice before I started.

Sorry about how long. Cheers

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  2. daveNRGdt

daveNRGdt Member

58 is too small if you have a sports pipe. Did you buy a regular foam filter insert or a high flow one (malossi stage 6 etc)?

3. Mitchell.Stewart97

Mitchell.Stewart97 New Member

Rides:
    Zips!
    Hi there, bout a malossi foam filter for the box. The bike seemed okay low rpm with the 53 jet only until it started to open up when it bogged. After checking over bike again I noticed the fuel air mixture was really wound in. Only half a turn! So I set it the standard 3 1/2 turn. Bike is still having the issue. I'm thinking off just ridding the 50 head and fitting the polini sport 70 kit as it should work nicely with the standard crank and a 19mm carb?..