Piaggio water cooling piping ?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Jonnymarrw00t, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Bought some pipe for my water cooling project, It fits perfect over the cylinder head but on my electric pump/radiator it moves about over the top of it, Do I need smaller pipe or can I get away with just jubille clips ?

2. oliwest

oliwest Member

Rides:
    aerox road legal pit
    Id jubille it. My rox has them see through anti kink pipes an they slide unless there jubille'd id put abit of instant gasket or silicon overr just to give it a snugger fit

3. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    if theres 2 different sizes of pipe and a clearance between, itll be difficult to seal

Try a step down section like this. You can get them from local aquarium shops for a quid or so

[​IMG]

4. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

What pipe are you using? Standard style pipe or wire reinforced?

5. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
  6. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Remember the rule... Always look on ebay or elsewhere for anything that isn't a performance part or specifically for scooters.

Buy a smaller size and heat it up using hot water to get it over the larger bits. Just make sure that the pipe doesn't flat out on any corners. If it does you will probably need some angled connectors.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16mm-5-8-...arParts_SM&hash=item256f055052#ht_4088wt_1037

Less than half price.