piaggio typhoon wont start!!!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by typhoonie, Mar 14, 2017.

1. typhoonie

typhoonie New Member

hey everyone i currently own a piaggio typhoon 50cc but im having some issues.I had to replacedthe choke and after that it was running for a whole week although it didnt have an airbox on but it was running with no problems good compression and all but the next day it stopped working for some reason i replaced the spark plug and fuel is going into the carb.I tried using a starting fluid but still nothing i dont know what to else to do plz help!!

2. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

First two tests, check spark by removing the spark plug, connect to spark plug ht cap, hold with insulated pliers or similar thing, place plug thread against a clean metal part of the engine ( not painted so find a bolt) fire up and look for a spark.
    Next with plug fitted again fire up a few times then quickly remove plug and see if its wet with fuel.
    Check battery is well charged unless kick starting.
    Let us know the result. It could still be the choke so if its a new one then could be a wiring issue, unplug choke wire at connector block and check voltage.
    My Nrg is having a similar issue, good spark, fuel to plug, good compression but not starting. Keep us updated for more help and also if you fix it.

3. typhoonie

typhoonie New Member

i have done that and it has spark and fuel on the plug.I forgot to mention i have no battery in so i can only kickstart it and i had some wiring issues in the past also i have not lights nothing it explodes all the bolbs as you give it throttle