Piaggio Typhoon upgrade mod with SR,Runner and NRG parts

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GeorGE Black Rider, Jul 27, 2016.

1. GeorGE Black Rider

GeorGE Black Rider Member

Well,you refer to the SP model.That's why i only found examples with headlight on the handlebar.Even so i only found a few pictures with Zip mounted normal.
    Thank you for the suggestion.You recomend it only because they have projectors or too because it has both beams on both projectors ?

2. GeorGE Black Rider

Well,if mister moderator doesn't want to clear it all,can somebody please tell me,what forks fit to typhoon and on wich Runner wheels can be mounted ?

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    ok the forks.

im an old schooler and its not an easy task.

you have to take the bull by the horns and see if they fit. not every bike is the same, companys change forks like they change bike models every so often. one may come with a version 2 fork taking away all the old problems from a version one fork.

using three different models is adding even more to the the construction phase , those bikes may look roughly the same but i wound not hedge a bet they are different, ie the runner and NRG / phoon front ends just wont meld without some heavy work and modding done.

its a bit like can you fit a DT125 engine into a WR125 frame ? you wouldnt know with taking a tape measure doing some maths and throwing it all together. aqnd then just becasue it did fit does not mean everything will line up. same as the fork problem, you may have to use spacers to get the runner wheel to sit in and then find out the brake caliper is just way to low then that means you either fabricate a rasied mount or dump the fork set and just go with the runner fork set.

scubabiker likes this.
  4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

what he said^ (thats my new catch phrase!)
    anything can fit anything with enough engineering, all depends how good you are with problem solving.

5. GeorGE Black Rider

I would,but i've heard the runner fork is shorter and not sure if the 2 forks are the same distance appart.
    If someone could comfirm they are the same,or the newer fork is longer and fits,will go with it.

I am not set on any option,yet.
    That's why i asked if someone knew what fork will fit right in the typhoon and also accept the 30 cm 130/80 tires.