Piaggio typhoon 125 leaking fuel

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Tertianend, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Tertianend

Tertianend New Member

Rides:
    TGB 204 classic
    hi i have a 51 plate piaggio typhoon 125 it is leaking fuel rather badly i have stripped the carb checked the float and the jets they are fine what else could be causing my carb to flood then leak fuel from the exaust and the air box ?? sorry but im a noob to scooters lol bike only cost me £60

2. jet

jet New Member

what do you mean checked the float did you just look or properly test it? mines been flooding and it was because the float was set wrong. if you take the float bowl off and suck the vaccuum pipe, and slowly push the float up the petrol should stop coming out just before the float gets to the top if it stops at the top or doesnt at all thers the problem

3. brettfield999

brettfield999 Member

Rides:
    Typhoon 172
    Sounds obvious but check the fuel lines especially the one from the tap to the carb. They are rarely replaced and may have perished.

4. Tertianend

Tertianend New Member

Rides:
    TGB 204 classic
    Hi ive sorted the fuel leaking but am using about £3 a day in petrol just zipping about for 4 maybe 5 miles what's going on ?? Recently developed a rattling sound sounds like the exaust but can't tell any help greatly appreciated I'm shocked at how fast this thing is it's quick lol

5. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Is it all totally standard?

6. Tertianend

Tertianend New Member

Rides:
    TGB 204 classic
    no its had a Giannelli Freeway Exhaust and i think its had the washer taken off the variator
    im new to all this its my first ped she is a great lil bike very nippy hitting 70 no probs