Piaggio NRG Power Acceleration problems

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Isolated, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Isolated

Isolated Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 3 RS
    Hello,
    I've just recently purchased a Piaggio NRG and discovered that its quite slow setting off, after looking through some repair history i got with the moped it recently had the rollers changed which are 7.5g which i thought was quite heavy? When im at a stand still if i want to accelerate faster off the line i have to keep the revs up so it will accelerate faster meaning i can get out of trouble on the roundabouts haha, It has been derestricted and got 48mph out of it. Once it reaches 20mph it takes off like a rocket. What could be the issue causing the slow acceleration the rollers?

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Rollers are a funny game, you need to buy a few different weights, then have a play and see what suits your needs.
    You can mix and match, 3 of one and 3 of another to get the ideal.

3. Isolated

Isolated Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 3 RS
    What would be an ideal weight to try?

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I would try 6 and 6.5 grams first and see how it feels for you.
    If the rollers are too light then it will rev it's nuts off to get going and you'll lose top end, too heavy and it'll struggle to get going but the top end will be there but can lose speed on the hills, so buy 2 or 3 packs and have a play.

5. Isolated

Isolated Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 3 RS
    Alright, where would be the best place to buy the rollers? 7.5g just seems way too heavy.

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I normally buy from (put these 2 words together) AD RENALINE + Ped Stop

7. Isolated

Isolated Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 3 RS
    I haven't changed the rollers yet, however i have discovered an issue when im cruising at 23-24mph sometimes it doesn't want to keep on accelerating and takes roughly 5-10 seconds for the power to kick in. What could this be down to?