Piaggio NRG 50DD Problems

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Isolated, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Isolated

Isolated Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 3 RS
    Hello,
    After having a new piston,rings and head fitted to my NRG it has become very slow compared to what it was before. I ran it in for 400 miles at 7K rpm as what the garage stated.i also found out that the rollers I had in there was the wrong size causing them to rattle around in the variator so he put the correct ones In. However, now it won’t go over 7K RPM while riding about but will gladly hit 12K rpm while on the stand.

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Many different things could be the cause, finding it is another matter.
    Rollers too light for the power of the engine, i.e engine doesn't produce enough power to throw the rollers out fully, maybe try some slightly heavier ones, belt slipping, belt too long, clutch slipping, clutch springs too hard, worn clutch slippers, not enough fuel, too much fuel.
    The list is nearly endless.
    I think I'd start with the rollers first, knock them up 1gr, maybe try some 6.5gr in there. Heavier rollers throw out easier at lower revs.

3. Isolated

Isolated Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 3 RS
    6.5g rollers are currently fitted, before I had 7.5g but the acceleration was unbearable. It’s just had a new clutch fitted as the other one was worn. Yesterday I discovered black oil which looks like it’s coming from the exhaust mount. When I got it back after the rebuild there was a airleak on the carb causing it to cut out after hitting 3K rpm and resolved the issue by using some sealant.