Piaggio medley 125 abs

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Scotty1018, May 15, 2020.

1. Scotty1018

Scotty1018 New Member

Hi all,

I've got a piaggio medley 125 abs...I've just replaced the rear caliper and bled the brake but I'm not getting any pressure on lever. Can anyone help?

2. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    The problem I find is the same as you and it is because as you bleed any bike system you are trying to push the air in the system downwards to the caliper, and as you know air wants to rise I find either the best way is to remove the whole system and bleed on a table so the master cylinder and caliper are level. Another way is to get the old type of oil can with the pump action and bleed from the caliper back up to the master cylinder, which lets the air go up and out the system. This is called back bleeding. When I use to work on trucks I had the same problem as the cab sits above the clutch slave cylinder and this back bleeding worked on this to. Hope you give it a go and let us all know.

3. Scotty1018

Scotty1018 New Member

Thank you mate,

I'll try this over the weekend

Much appreciated

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Are they not linked? Front and rear brakes?
    If so you start with the back one, then do the front one.

5. Scotty1018

Scotty1018 New Member

Are they? This is why I'm asking people that might know????

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Vacuum brake bleeder

Scotty1018 likes this.
  7. Scotty1018

Scotty1018 New Member

Thank you

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

For it to be true abs, they should be linked, so that if you pull the back, the front will also work... But a lot of small cc bikes have a cable from the back to the front

9. Scotty1018

Scotty1018 New Member

Ello mate

I've bled with a vacuum...still nothing ? Any ideas its driving me f-in crazy

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Like I said. It's probably a linked system if it's true abs and not assisted dual braking

11. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    I found this on a scooter website but does no show a cable but it has an ABS unit, but shows all the parts for the braking system, 2016 year model
    If you find the ABS unit on yours you may need the ignition on for the ABS to work and be able to bleed the system which you would have to bleed the front as well. Normally you start with the closest caliper first to the ABS unit.

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu...-4t-ie-abs-scooters/brakes-pipes-calipers-abs