piaggio liberty 125

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by andyjonc, Apr 3, 2020.

1. andyjonc

andyjonc New Member

Rides:
    Sym Jet 4 125cc
    Hi all,
    I have picked up the above scooter. Just wondering if anyone has a workshop manual or expert knowledge that could help me with a couple of bits?
    1. front light & tail light not working - could this be a fuse/relay, if so where is it located.
    2. is there supposed to be a washer on the rear wheel shaft between the clutch & case?
    3. do all the panels need to come off to get access to the carb?
    Many thanks in advance!
    Andy

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Get yourself a Haynes manual.

3. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Yeah or you might be able to find an online one at carlsalter.com l think it's called if my memory serves me correctly.

4. andyjonc

andyjonc New Member

Rides:
    Sym Jet 4 125cc
    hi MARSH - thanks for response. was kinda hoping to save money by asking for advice on here first.
    hi milo2025 - thanks for link, can't see liberty on there but will check if it copies any vespa models

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Haynes 3492 (covers 91 - 2009)/Piaggio.

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I haven't worked on a Liberty for years, could be be fuse or switch, yes there's usualy a spacer on clutch and yes a lot of panels off to get to anything !!

7. andyjonc

andyjonc New Member

Rides:
    Sym Jet 4 125cc
    hi guys just a quick update. turns out the liberty has fuses for the lighting - who'd have known!

anyway i have replaced the fuse and the rear light now comes on. seems the front double filament bulb has blown as well so got a new one or order.

cheers for all your help

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

How did you get on with the carb. Normally there is a "carb access panel" under the seat on Piaggio scoots