Piaggio Jetting

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by dan189216, Oct 8, 2017.

1. dan189216

dan189216 Member

Hi,
    I have a Piaggio Zip 2t AC.

I have just fitted a new 21mm carb and now my set up stands at Malossi 70cc kit, universal PHBG 21mm delletoro carb, stage 6 open air filter and a yasuni exhaust, I am not sure on the roller weights.

At the moment I have a small collection of jets, a 65, a 90, a 95 and a 102, right now I am running the 95 and it is bogging on low throttle but high throttle is fine, it just seems as though my accselleration is rough and deprived of fuel, I have the fuel mixture screw around 3/4 from fully out but is still held well in place and have the air screw 2 clockwise turns from all the way in, this mixture I have found the most officiant at the moment.

Tommorow I am going to have a look at the needle and change it to a different grove, maybe leaning out the mixture so not so much fuel gets through, I am still not sure wether I am running too rich or lean on this set up, I know when I ran it on the 102 jet is seemed evident that it was rich so I down jetted to the 95, I could down jet again tommorow to the 90 with the same mixture.

There is a tiny split in the manifold but I'm not even sure if air could get through it's that small but even still there is the chance of a air leak. I have been trying to get my moped perfectly running for a while now so I was just hoping someone would have a rough idea on what main jet I should run on this set up for the best performance, I have also heard of the pilot jet being involved on lower throttle ranges.

Cheers,
    Dan.

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    dont worry about pilot jet its more idle than mid range.

drop the 90 jet in see ow it reacts could find the 95 is just a tad to rich. the needle you wnat to move the clip up a slot or two ( up on clip slots means leaner mids --- lower needle slots mean richer )

3. dan189216

dan189216 Member

Ah alright cheers I'll see

4. dan189216

dan189216 Member

The 90 seems to be running a lot worse bogging bad and not letting me get past half throttle ??

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    put 95 back in and play with needle setting see if that helps , also seal that hole /split in the manifold so theres no airleak

6. dan189216

dan189216 Member

Alright pal I'll try tommorow morning