piaggio cold start problems

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by dan189216, Oct 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dan189216

dan189216 Member

I have a piaggio zip 2t ac, I have recently put a 17.5 eletric choke carb back on becuase I couldnt tune my 21mm carb correctly, now im having struggles to start, it sometimes starts once at the start of the day but dies out and struggles to turn on after that, just keeps on turning over, I messed with the idel speed and mixture screws but doesnt help, I have a decent spark on the spark plug but was running that rich with the 21mm before, charged battery to full and still doesnt start, I have a 65 jet in the carb which was clean, im considering putting the 21mm back on and putting the needle setting one richer becuase it could get to top throttle but bogged on acceleration, it was originally on the 2nd out of the 4 grooves in the needle. I read on other forums that the reason why its struggling to start with the 17.5 could either be becuase of the enrichers dead, stator, wiring not set up, vacumme leaks, I am aware that I have got a tiny crack on the manifold connection but hadent had time to change it, I also didnt think that a small crack could cause this, when i first fitted the 17.5 back on and it had no airbox I tryed putting my hand over the carb hole to check if it was getting fuel and it was but that still didnt help start it up.