Piaggio 100cc zip bogging down

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by ultraculture, May 16, 2016.

1. ultraculture

ultraculture New Member

Starts fine. But once I rev it it bogs down. On the stand without load it kinda goes OK. Yet when I sit on it it struggles along at 5mph then occasionally picks up. Going down hill it sometimes picks up to full throttle. I had a look today but had lent key sockets out. I had a look in the airbox a (bike is new to me and not been loved.) It's got what looks like a brand new malossi foam filter. I started it without filter and revved it while restricting air intake using my fingers. This seemed to help so I've soaked filter in oil and will refit tomorrow. Then to buy some carb cleaner and a new spark plug. Is it possible to clean the carb without taking it off as it isn't like the delorto carbs I'm used to. Pulley throttle and electric choke.
    I just need it running for work then I'm hoping to put a runner 180 engine in it. Or a 200cc piaggio engine as I've read they bolt straight on. No mounting issues.
    Thanks for any help [emoji106]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

2. ultraculture

ultraculture New Member

Got it running ok now. Replaced the carb and it's running fine now. I'm now all about giving her the tlc she deserves. Bleed brake. Check shoes on rear drum. Still want to put a 2t engine on her eventually. Typhoon or runner 180 is my goal. Top speed of 60 with me on it and better acceleration.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk