Peugot Ludix Blaster 50cc 2005 model starting problems

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by scop3y, Jul 17, 2009.

1. scop3y

scop3y New Member

Hi All,

I am having a particular starting problem with my sons ludix blaster 50cc 2005 model.

The starter motor turns (sounds fast enough) and will not start the bike for love or money, however it starts instantly when you kick it over, I have recently replaced the sparkplug and the battery with the correct one but it still with not start on the button.

Just to clarify it turns over but will not start using the starter motor.

Any help with this would be appriciated.

Regards Scop3y

2. BlackHawk

BlackHawk New Member

Unfortunately all carbed Peugeots will only start on the starter motor when the engines warm (FACT)

So you'll have to use the kickstart when the engine is cold ;)

Apart from Peugeots with EFI which have no kickstart and can only be started with the motor

3. scop3y

scop3y New Member

The only problem is it doesnt start even when its warm on the starter :confused:cratch:

4. BlackHawk

BlackHawk New Member

Maybe it's not engaging, you might want a bike shop to check it

preferably one thats not a Peugeot dealer or say goodbye to your wallet :w00t:

5. adz452

adz452 Member

Rides:
    Vespa T5

ive had 2 peugeots and not once have they ever failed to start from the button cold or hot

6. BlackHawk

BlackHawk New Member

Some Peugeots do but its only a handful

They either work or they don't, it's french reliability for example:
    My first SpeedFight was a 100cc and was bombproof, just kept running

My second SpeedFight was a 50cc and bought from the showroom brand new and to cut a long story short the piston seized while doing 50-55mph :confused:hock: and after replacing it a few months later the bikes complete electronics died causing the immobiliser to kick in while I was doing 50mph :banghead:

So I broke the bike up and sold it in bits, I'm never going to touch a Peugeot ever again