Peugeot trekker 50cc HELP!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Jordan8426, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Jordan8426

Jordan8426 New Member

Hi was wondering if anyone new the problem I'm having with my bike? It's starts up and idles perfect as you can see in the video but asoon as you apply throttle it bogs out and won't move anywhere, it's had a new clutch, carb, rollers and head gasket and none of these seem to fix the problem!

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Have you re-jetted the carb to suit the exhaust?
    Whats the air filter like?
    Any leaks around the inlet manifold or airbox?

3. Jordan8426

Jordan8426 New Member

I havnt re-jetted it no the bike was running perfect with just the after market exhaust until about a month ago, as for the air filter it's standard and no there is no leaks I checked the reeds and the inlet manifold and it all seems fine

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    undo the airbox front , pull out that foam pad and check it. if its like super dirty you need to give it a good wash in soapy water, allow it to dry ( no hairdryer /no laying on radiator ) then give it a treat with some foam filter oil, if you have non to hand a bit of two stroke oil will do ( oil helps clump the dust and rubbish up keeping it in the filter oil also helps keep water out of foam ).

check carb slide is working correct, maybe also check the autochoke is working.

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

But he's put a new carb on..................it'll need jetting to suit the pipe

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    aye thats right even a direct replacement chances are its not the same jet size .

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I've never replaced a carb, like for like or otherwise, and NOT had to re-jet it to some extent.

8. Jordan8426

Jordan8426 New Member

The air filter is reasonably clean and the auto choke come with the new carb I bought, reckon I need to jet it then? If so what size?

9. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yeah to what stevep says your gonna need to rejet.

you need to know what jet size is in it already, then upjet 7%-10% higher

10. ENVYUS

ENVYUS Member

Rides:
    AEROX
    What weight and size rollers you got in now and what size jet and what carb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. sean178

sean178 Active Member

But what if the jet in the new carb is say 20% bigger than the old one and it's already running too rich ???

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

ENVYUS likes this.
  12. ENVYUS

ENVYUS Member

Rides:
    AEROX
    Hmm..when you put the new carb in did you even adjust the mixture/air screw and jetted it correctly...maybe to big?

13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

We won't know until he opens it up what is in there.
    And it's no good mentioning adjustments either at this stage, or rollers and the like.
    Jordan, jetting is no set thing.
    Open the carb up, tell us what size jet is in and we'll go from there.
    Also, open up your old carb and see what jet is in that. It could well be just a straight swap over with jets.

sean178 likes this.
  14. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    RE-JET buddy thats what me and steve are saying , remove old jet from the old carb see what size it is ( as steve said you maybe able to fit that into new carb, if not you will need to grab a jet the same size and pop into new carb )

15. ENVYUS

ENVYUS Member

Rides:
    AEROX
    That's if the jets are the same. I'm guessing he's fixed it as he's not come back.

16. Jordan8426

Jordan8426 New Member

I havnt fixed it yet took it into the garage today, wasn't able to swap jets over as I didn't have the original one so to save me a head ache and a lot of effort I took it to them. I'll let you all know what was up with it. Thanks for your guys help

17. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    no worries Jordan, keep hanging round forum you will learn alot about scooters buddy, more you learn the more easy they become to fix to ;)

18. sean178

sean178 Active Member

Some of us need a bit of help now and then Jordan.
    I'm more than happy to tackle most things on mine but I'd sooner pay someone when it comes to the front (hydraulic) brake. I just don't feel confident when it comes to working on the caliper, bleeding it etc.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk