Peugeot speedfight 4 LC

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by James223, Dec 30, 2016.

1. James223

James223 New Member

Iv got a peugeot speedfight 4 pure and im wanting to buy a sport exhaust for it so what other things apart from the exhaust will I need to buy for my ped to still run properly?

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    it depends on what your wanting to do, if its also derestrict the scooter you may need to replace the CDI unit to a non restricted CDI. and maybe a slightly larger main jet for carb.

apart from a new cdi ( cheap ) and the new exhaust ( can be expensive ) its just a case of then fiddling with the carb to get a little extra fuel into the engine. otherwise your good to go after that.

3. James223

James223 New Member

Thanks il do that & whats a reasonable price for a exhaust?

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    it depends what your after.

named exhausts cost a bit more and there are several makers of sport pipes.

gianelli - technigas - leo vince - yasuni - stage 6 - hebo

i just purchased a technigas Trek sport pipe in a chromed finish, the total price was £109 for a chromed version, a none chromed version around £80-95 . leo vince TT / ZX go for around £95

all three are good decent pipes , the technigas trek is a little more better for novice tuners to get to grips with.

with a new pipe you may want to put in lighter roller weights 5g or 6g weights to harness that power that comes from a new sport pipe.

SOME stock exhausts can be derestricted to my old speedfight 2 i had the stock factory exhuast derestricted and the bike topped out at 45 mph from a stock 30mph it cost me £65 to have the dealer derestrict the speedy back in its day ( 2004-2005 )

5. James223

James223 New Member

Thanks would they be any need to change my airbox?

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    No james we at scootershack would advise you keep the stock airbox for a standard derestriction , it will not harm your scooter running the stock airbox and will keep alot of water and dirt away from the carb unlike an open air style filter. only time you would really be looking at changing the airvbox is if you went to a 70cc and more big bore kit as they would require a less restrictive air intake box.

BUT you can take your airbox apart and clean the foam pad inside every 4 - 6 months ( in summer time alotta dust can collect )
    you would wash your filter in fairy liquid and allow it to dry out , then you would treat the foam pad with some airfilter oil. this helps collect the dirt and keep it inside the foam and also help keep water out to. a clean filter allows your scooter to still breath, a dirty filter makes your bike struggle for air and can cause glitches / bogging and rough running.

7. James223

James223 New Member

Okay will do & thanks alot been a big help

8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    your welcome james hang around the forum and you will pick up lots of helpful tips hints and advice on scooters and how they work