Peugeot speedfight 4 iceblade LC 50cc

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Lewis2506, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Lewis2506

Lewis2506 New Member

I've added a leo vince tt sport exhaust to my bike in addition to lighter rollers, and a pollini 50cc racing cylinder kit and I've also upped the jets by 15%, the acceleration has increased massively but the top speed is still only around 55kmh(32mph). Was wondering if anyone can help me out and knows how I can increase the top speed, thanks

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    variator

sounds like a variator restrictor is still in place , depending on the variator its either plated ( my first call) or its wedding banded and thats very unlikely.

pugs tend to have a wierd restrictive unit its a plate that bolts to the rear of teh variator and stops it from fully extending the back plate the rollers push out so what happens is the plate stops the variator fully closing to the fixed half pully and the belt only rides so high hence resticting the speed.

Now you could remove said plate or shim it but chances are its not going to do much else maybe add a couple mph extra, a betetr choice could be a cheapish sport variator thats designed to give more top speed , malossi - pollini do them but there are also some other companys making sport variators that will do the same job.

3. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    I think some speedfights have a restricted CDI as well. I think some are restricted to 8000 rpm.

4. chrislaris

chrislaris New Member

I have just got a speedfight 4 50cc 2 stroke , and to be honest I don’t know were to start to make it faster, but I need to know is it worth it and does it work with out knackering the bike?

I’ve asked main pug dealers to help but they won’t give me a straight answer just how much it will cost, but I don’t even know what there going to do to it?

Has anybody got any suggestions to things I can do myself ? Like we’re is the cdi unit and is there one for the speedfight 4 ? Is which one?

5. AVF

AVF New Member

Fully derestricted (exhaust, variator, 55 main jet), my speedfight 4 (LC Total Sport) will hit 43mph which is decent for a 50cc. I don't belive they have a restricted CDI as the bike will rev and accelerate past 43mph when going down hill which I don't believe it would if the CDI was restricted.

Just enjoy the freedom and convenience it gives you and keep it reliable. They are nice little bikes but not designed to go anywhere fast.

6. chrislaris

chrislaris New Member

Hi cheers for your reply , so did you do the work yourself? And when you say exhaust do you mean you bought a race pipe or took a restrictor out of the standard pipe?

7. AVF

AVF New Member

No the place where I bought it from derestricted it before I took delivery of it. The exhaust is standard on mine with the restrictor pipe ground off and welded up and also the narrower emissions control pipe welded up as well (although the pipe is still there). I did find the scooter was running too rich on the 55 jet which was installed when it was restricted so I changed this myself to a 55.

8. chrislaris

chrislaris New Member

I’m really struggling to get a solid answer on how to deristrict my pug 50. Do I need a sport variator and carb 55 jet and sport exhaust ? And a cdi unit?

9. AeZz

AeZz New Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Jog RR
    First of all, check your variator. If you have a variator restrictor you wont get any improve despite of a bigger carb jet or an sport exhaust (you'll only notice it would take more or less to reach it max speed ). If it hasn't got a variator restrictor and you want more top speed, try getting an exhaust like leovince tt (make sure you buy a 50cc exhaust and not a 70cc one), check your carb jet and get also a carb jet kit (try different jets little by little) and if you have original weight rollers, don't change them (or try ones which doesn't weight too much (1 gr max)).
    About prices, look for a used exhaust not very bad. You can fix it easy. Here in spain you can buy exhausts like yasuni R/Z for 40-50 € (about 40 pounds). Carb jet kits costs similar. Hope this answer helped you:p