Peugeot Speedfight 2 jetting

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by steveb, Dec 7, 2020.

1. steveb

steveb New Member

hi, Newbie to this forum so 1st post.

hoping that someone might be able to give me some direction with the old issue jetting.

Its a 2005 Peugeot Speedfight 2 Euro 2 50AC which I have rebuilt with the following:-
    70CC Airsal T6 race cylinder and head
    Dellorto 19mm carb has 45 choke and updated to AU emulsion tube etc. W9 needle
    Malossi E5 pod racing filter
    Naraka big valve kit V2
    Yasuni R exhaust (both restrictors removed)
    Premix oil

So jetting I am chasing a real problem and concern is I am going to seize the piston. Started at 101 went upto 125 sounded rough like choked up etc. came down to 100 Smoking really bad chucking loads of black oil deposits all over the place then down to 90 did sound a better appeared cleaner but still spitting out oil but I am now worried that I am trying to jet to sort the oiling issue or running too rich tick over/low revs. Not taken for a ride out yet as was doing some heat cycles but It does feel like it would be choking and coughing if ridden as it feels revving on the stand. holding revs don't appear clean (if you know what I mean)

oil I am using is Motal FD fully Scooter power. Was considering Rockoil fully as a try.

I need to get it to a stage to put some miles on it as next year think it will have to be dyno time.

So any advice jetting / oil issue etc would be realy helpful.

Thanks for any feedback

2. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

you say you are running pre-mix... how much oil did you put in ?

3. steveb

steveb New Member

sorry only noticed your reply .... I was on 33 to 1 but have now reduced to 40 to 1 or 125ml per 5l and it does run cleaner still spit out some oil but not really run it on the road so not sure what I was expecting as really it should be flat out

just cat get the thing to run correctly it keeps wanting lower main jet that don’t make sense lilr90 ish when I feel it should be up at 110 etc for the set up. Thinking it may be the slide has 30 sure I read 40 best which reading about it weakens the upto 1/4 throttle. Feel I am trying to lean out main to lean low end heading for a disaster