Peugeot speedfight 100cc restricted??? HELP

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by paul2k11, Feb 12, 2017.

1. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

I have got the 2007 model Peugeot speedfight 2 100cc which seems to be restricted as it won't go past 40mph even down hills it's the rally victories model it's all standard but people on other sites say these aren't restricted can anyone help

Attached Files:

2. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

You sure cause it gets to 40 with no problem, but it is hard to start when I leave it sat a couple hours, it's just had new plug put in is there no restricter on variator

3. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Learn to read accy its a 100cc :rolleyes:o_O

If its hard starting it may be carb related..
    @Tamiyacowboy may know more he seems to be the active bike wizard on today

paul2k11 likes this.
  4. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    See... Youve been warned by staff and you continue.. You wont learn will you? Your so tapped in the head you have to resort in name calling every time. Dipshit.

If its hard starting it could be carb related. Carbs cause speed issues too.
    Sometimes there is fueling issues meaning not enough fuel is going through for the engine to be capable of more than 40mph
    Though yes it could very well be rollers or belt.
    Leave it to an experienced and knowledgeable member to answer you inbred twat.

paul2k11 likes this.
  5. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    wow look at how grown up you are. Going at it with the "when i fuck your mum" insults that honestly dont bother me. What are you five? :rolleyes: You call me dumb, Yet you cant come up with original insults. wow.

6. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

Yeah I understand belt can wear down and rollers can too to cause these issues ,I just checked them and don't see any signs, I could get a new belt in a couple days just to be sure . I will try post a pic and weigh rollers

Attached Files:

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Just commenting to get notifications..
    Also scootz cant log on so im gonna be his voice too maybe...
    Paul2k11,
    Try cleaning the choke jet and tube in the float bowl. Should solve your start issues

paul2k11 and torpedo01 like this.
  8. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

Thanks and should I clean the main jet in the carb as well ?

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah, give it all a good clean.

paul2k11 likes this.
  10. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

Yeah whats best way to clean I don't have carb cleaner , or do I need that to clean it?

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

You need some carb cleaner or compressed air...

paul2k11 likes this.
  12. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    scuba got there before me.

sounds like a blocking up.

remove the carb, take out the carb slide - remove both the pilot jet and the main jet. grab yourself a can of compressed air, slap on some eye protection .....

with carb in hand look at where the airbox/filter would bolt on see those 2-3 small holes around the outer rim , grab your air can and give them a good blow out ...... now filp carb so you can see the float , see where your removed the mainjet and pilot jet , give them a quick blast of air to, that should clean out your main jet - idle port and pilot jet port. where your autochoke is, remove this and give it a spray down the hole inside that area to.

refit in order , the pilot jet - the main jet - the autochoke . then pop on the float bowl , make sure you fit the hoses correctly and you also bolt the airfilter on nice and tight and the carb to the inlet manifold nice and tight.

now your scooter will take a few turns of the starter motor / kickstart beofre it fires up, it needs to re-prime the carb first so dont panic to much .

if that does not solve the problem pop back and holler and we can go though a few other things that can cause problems with pickup

paul2k11 likes this.
  13. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

Yeah thanks ,I have give a good blow through all holes and put all back together in the order stated I will have to give a try tomorrow as its a bit late Could the carb be causing me to only reach 40mph, or like the other guy said should I get a new drive belt ect, I did find a couple of wires which were melted the ones that go into the CDI unit ,I stripped and rejoined put insilation tape on them , could they have partially blown CDI unit as it's the immobilise one as I may need to consider getting new one of them. I will update tomorrow
    Thanks guys

14. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Didn't think about the immobiliser! What colour key are you using to start it up? There should be two keys
    If you are using the "service" key iirc it stops it going too fast to prevent technicians riding them too fast (that's what I was told when my old elyseo was giving me grief anyway)

paul2k11 likes this.
  15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Doubt its the belt, ukguy knows nothing about anything, quite literally...

torpedo01 likes this.
  16. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

Ive been using the big one not the one with red on it

Attached Files:

17. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Ahh that's OK then.

paul2k11 likes this.
  18. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    They should rewrite the rules
    1.ignore accyuklad/ukguy or any future made profiles that may be him.

gilly_runner and paul2k11 like this.
  19. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

When I had carb off I noticed it was a 86 jet, does anyone know if this sounds right as I'm sure they're a little lower standard jets on these 100cc speedfight's

20. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    86 jet is about right for a 100cc .

give the cleaned out carb a try, if not its possible the burnt wiring to the cdi could be a cause , key with red on it its the programmer key it allows you to programme other keys to the system , the large fob key is the one you should use.