Peugeot Speedfight 100 Tuning Advice

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by bass2k8, Mar 16, 2011.

?

Do you think its worth tuning my Speedfight 100?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No - Too much money for little improvement

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Get a bigger bike

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. bass2k8

bass2k8 New Member

I have a Speedfight 100 that I would like to tune. I don't know much hardly anything about bikes, but I know that giving it a new exaust will make it a lot faster. It pretty much has everything standard at the moment, and the most I can get out of it atm is 55/60mph.

I'm 17, 18 in a couple months just to let you know. What can I do to make my ped faster? :) And tell me roughly the parts I would need. Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. rickbezer

rickbezer Member

hi mate, you can do bits to them, but for what it is, if you want to tune your better off with a runner/typhoon or dragster etc...

3. robhall123

robhall123 New Member

hmm im not sure what size head you can get you may be able to go bigger , change the variator , belt urm you can get a gear up , yeah the pipe will be worth changing urm change the standard carb they use the same size on the 100 and the 50 so get a 17.5 or a 19 people use 19 on 70 kits so it should be ok , depending on the time of year get an open air filter or a better sponge for the box and thats about it really unless im missing something

4. bass2k8

bass2k8 New Member

Thanks for your suggestions :)

I think I should just leave it how it is after thinking about it :/ I should just save up for a bigger bike tbh... Unless you think it would be worth it? :)

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    better off tunning a speedy 50 than one of these.... or buy a 125 piaggio based scooter :)

6. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx
    ive got to aggree with minor,
    my last bike was a speedy 100, it pulled 60 flat out,
    i added a racing exhaust/ malossi variator and it made it do about 62mph and eventually seized
    ive heard of people putting a 120cc kit and race exhaust on a speedy and still not hitting 66mph

i got bored of the speedy quite quickly and got an sr125, the amount of diffeence is phenomenal,
    dont bother tuning a speedfight 100, just get a piaggio engined 125

7. TGB-69cc

TGB-69cc New Member

Rides:
    183 Runner
    heres my speedfight
    [​IMG]

between me and my dad we hav spent around £900 - £1100 on it and she only does 67 mph, thats 2mph faster than standard, with slightly improved acceleration.

ive got plans for a piaggio 125 engine change
    straight forks 13" wheels

8. TGB-69cc

TGB-69cc New Member

Rides:
    183 Runner
    this is a commuter bike for plodding around town,

not any good for tuning they only rev to 8k and just dont push eneugh power to keep up with the the pack

ideal for day to day use,
    poop for tuning unless you get a piaggio 125 2stroke aircooled engine

9. lshigham

lshigham Member

Don't waste your money, if you want something to tune flog it and buy something with a Piaggio engine in it.

10. bass2k8

bass2k8 New Member

I have to say, what a nice bike TGB :p It could have a better paintjob with the same colour greens throughout :p
    Hmm thats a pretty lame improvement from spending that much tuning it :/ From what your telling me, its absolutely not worth tuning this ped. I have to agree with you TGB, mine at max only hits 8k revs too, and thats down hill!! Normally it sits at like 6/7k revs.

I think I will just leave it then, and save up for a bigger bike... although I would LOVE to pimp out my ped, and make it look sexy :p

11. bass2k8

bass2k8 New Member

Everyone, what is your view on the CBR 125? Is there a cheaper, better motorbike avaliable?

Ohh an update, if you guys are interested to know. My ped isnt working at the moment... well it is but it isnt. The other day my mate was using the kickstart on my bike and he seemed to have broken it. When u kick the kickstart theres no friction it just turns loosely. So the other day I took it apart and found out the Driven Gear 8t (kickstart pinion) had snapped in two (http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200762_1912848539054_1177124875_32295200_102311_n.jpg). Also the friction spring came off and snapped into 3 pieces (http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...12848899063_1177124875_32295202_4696858_n.jpg). Also the ridges/grooves on the kickstart pulley were bent and kinda damaged (http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...12846619006_1177124875_32295191_4673451_n.jpg). I have ordered a replacement driven gear 8t and friction spring and will fit it some time this week. Hopefully it fixes it, because all I'm getting now is a TERRIBLE rattling noise when my ped is running. I mean its very loud, and is damaging the everything in the transmission container thing.

Oh yeah I read about that you can destrict your scooter by removing a washer or something. What does de-stricting actually do? And how do you do it. Also what are the pros and cons of desctricting your scooter and is it hard to do? Thanks everyone.

12. Pug100

Pug100 New Member

Hi mate
    I have a vivacity 100cc and have discovered aerox parts fit my bike a treat so I have fitted a stage 6 torque control clutch with a stage 6 oversize variator with 6g rollers also with a dellorto 28mm flat slide carb and Leo Vince zx exhaust de restricted ( obviously ) with these mods with a standard top end it will sit at 85mph all day long aerox parts seem to be the way to go or at least have been for me

13. Fabricio

Fabricio New Member

Hi, what about the face drive and the belt? Which one you had used?