Peugeot speed fighter 3 increased performance

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by superbees, May 1, 2020.

1. superbees

superbees Member

Hi recently brought a Peugeot speedfight 3 50cc took out today could just got over 30mph wondering if anything i can do to increased performance 40-45mph would be good any suggestions and what servicing items would help and any upgrades?also could it be restricted i did hear something about removing washer any advice in simple terms would be good as my 1st bike

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  2. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

yes it will be restricted to 30mph.

for definite there is a restrictor in the exhaust pipe and the variator, and the cdi may be retricted too.
    removing the restrictors in the pipe and variator alone will raise the top speed to about 40-45mph.

3. superbees

superbees Member

4. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

I have never derestricted a speedfight3, but I have heard the washer is in the front of the exhaust, and is quite far down (a pig to remove).

you could see if your local bike shop would take the washer out for you, or maybe buy a cheap sports pipe.

yes the variator you put a link up to would make a difference, especially if your std variator is still restricted.

you could get the restrictor removed on your std variator though.

5. superbees

superbees Member

i will be able remove washer myself watched you tube videos i have ordered a new belt some new rollers 6g air filter and spark plug all for £20 so will do all that and se how she goes i know previous keeper changed exhaust but have heard can be in manifold . thanks for advice

6. superbees

superbees Member

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yes, the restriction on the exhaust is where the exhaust bolts to the cylinder. Take the exhaust off and you should see it, a sort of cone shape thing spot welded inside. You can often just snap it out with a screwdriver.
    I think they have a limiter on the CDI too.

8. superbees

superbees Member

Ok thanks will take a look when i do other jobs next week thanks cdi can i buy a de ristricted cdi ?

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah I think you can. Probably. Worth waiting with that incase it's not limited.

10. superbees

superbees Member

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah, sometimes stuff is listed as "performance or derestricted" and it's the same as standard. Coils for example...