Peugeot Ludix Trend De-Restricting

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Ludix, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Ludix

Ludix New Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Ludix Trend
    Hello there,

I've been trying to search ways of de-restricting my '04 Peugeot Ludix Trend 50CC (Aircooled) ped for a little while now, and I've not been having as much success as I'd like. I see a lot of topics about the Ludix "Blaster" and the "Snake", they seem to be the faster variants of the Ludix, but there are hardly any topics on the Ludix Trend.
    Some friends told me about a restriction method used on some ped's exhaust systems whereby a dead ended pipe comes out of the exhaust, near where it joins on the head and this somehow slows the air down in the exhaust system, restricting it. I ground that off and welded over it, giving the bike an extra 5 MPH or so, taking it up to 36/37 MPH (With decreased acceleration, I hasten to add!), but I'm sure there are still other factors limiting how fast the bike can go.
    When I was looking at restrictions for the Ludix Blaster / Snake, I found that a lot of people spoke about a rubber pipe coming out of the exhaust, near the manifold. I have one of these, as you can see in this picture:

[​IMG]

I'm not really all that sure what to do here. Some people have said that by pulling it off and blanking the hose and the exhaust performance can be gained, but I'm a little dubious of doing this, especially as I've never seen any guides for this method on a Ludix Trend. I heard somewhere that it can regulate oil pressure, and that's something I definately wouldn't want to mess with, what with the Ludix being a two-stroke and all; a seized engine is the last thing I need!

So, does anybody here have any advice on what to do here? Is it ok for me to take off the hose and blank it and the exhaust? Or is this pipe absolutely necessary and nothing to do with restriction?

Thanks in advance,
    George

2. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    That hose is essentially a catalist converter, It should route round to your airbox, so the engine recycles some of its fumes... Removing this and blanking everything off will do vertially nothing noticable. Your far better off buying a "sports exhaust".

There may be a restriction spacer inbetween the front pullys like on most scooters, this stops the belt slipping up into "top gear", restricting your topend speed.

3. Ludix

Ludix New Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Ludix Trend
    Thanks for the reply bertie! Shame that won't work. I've heard about the pulleys restriction method, but again I've heard nothing about this on the Trend. Do you think the method will be much different to that of other bikes that have a spacer? If the method is pretty similar, is it easy to do and do you have any video or written guides on how to do it? Do you think it's possible that this spacer is causing the weird, screeching kind of noises at 40 MPH or so when I go down a steep hill and still try to rev (If I back off the throttle and just roll the noise dissapears!)

George

4. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    Ive never worked on a Peugeot scooter engine so I wouldnt know, but you will need to remove the transmission caseing, then with an impact gun you remove the front pully, washer should be inbetween the pullys.

I have no idea whats causing the screeching noise, it could well be the restriction in the transmission.

5. Ludix

Ludix New Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Ludix Trend
    Took the side casing off today and couldn't see any washer between the pulleys, and I didn't want to start taking a whole lot of stuff apart that I hardly know anything about!
    I've read up some more and I'm pretty sure I've got a restricting CDI unit. I've shopped around and found one, the Athena Unlimited CDI unit. Does anyone reckon this could make a difference? I get the jerky motion going downhill at high speed, although that could still be the variator washer, if ive missed something inside the casing and there is actually a washer.

Some concrete guides on the Ludix Trend restriction methods would be so nice!

6. martyc

martyc Member

Could the screeching be a slipping belt?