Peugeot Kisbee 4T 72cc Conversion. 139QMB-E Information

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by MrC, Jun 10, 2013.

1. MrC

MrC New Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Kisbee 4T
    Hi All,

Just thought that I would share with you all the tuning of my Kisbee, and warn you potential Kisbee tuners what to expect when you open it up.The Kisbee has a new-ish variant of the popular 139QMB engine fitted. It is not exactly standard, and is nothing like the engine fitted to the V-clic.

139QMB-E points to note.

1. If you want to fit a big bore kit to a Kisbee, then you will need a crankshaft too. The crank on the Kisbee has a 10mm piston gudgeon pin. Virtually every other 139qmb variant out there has a 13mm gudgeon pin in the piston. It does have, however, a standard 16 tooth sprocket oil pump drive, so no oil pump needed with the crank swap.
    2. You will need to change the cylinder head also, if you wish to install an aftermarket cam....The cylinder head is not standard. The camshaft rocker supports are cast into the head, they do not separate when you take the cylinder head nuts off. The camshaft is a two piece unit, separate sprocket type, which also makes refitting the cam chain difficult.
    3. The restriction for top speed is via the cdi. Fed via a sensor on the clutch bell. Easily bypassed with a soldering iron and short piece of wire.
    4. It comes with a DENI copy 18mm CVK type carb.....its not very good quality. I have binned it.
    This engine does not appear to like the Leo-Vince Titan exhaust in its current tune. I have removed it(saving it for the 90cc being built), and fitted it with the Naraku crossover (meant for the V-clic, but fits with a tiny bit of modification). It seems to prefer a bit of back-pressure.

Current spec is 72cc naraku V2 big bore. Naraku CVK V2 Carb 38 pilot, 85 Main. Naraku Sport Variator with 6gm rollers. Naraku Torque Driver. Standard airbox, Naraku replacement panel filter, and additional 'uni' insert in airbox. Next bits to do are matt vinyl wrap, and an import big valve head from scrappydog scooters with an A9 cam.

Cheers, MrC.

Attached Files:

2. Forde

Forde Member

Is this a 2 stroke exhaust on a 4 stroke

3. chriscam13

chriscam13 Member

A two stroke exhaust on a 4 stroke? Really?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4. Smoketoomuch

Smoketoomuch New Member

Nice! exactly how did you modify the CDI?

5. MrC

MrC New Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Kisbee 4T
    Its not a two stroke can.... Naraku manufacture it to look like one, except there is no expansion/reflection cone inside, just 4 stroke compatible internals. It beats the Leo Vince Titan that I started with hands down for torque, no comparison really :)

6. MrC

MrC New Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Kisbee 4T
    See answer below.....

7. MrC

MrC New Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Kisbee 4T
  8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

ohhh kaaayyyy now ive seen everything. how very perculiar.

9. SolitWolf

SolitWolf New Member

hey there, i have a Kisbee aswell, 72cc scrap cylinder lol, my Kisbee with a 85main and 38pilot runsst totaly to fat, with an 82 and the 38 is nearly ok but still to fat. how kan ikt be that yours runs so well with that.
    specs are:
    72cc
    19mm sport carb
    Malossi multivar variator
    7g rollers
    withe spring for clutch and clutch springs delivered with the multivar
    LeoVince Hand Made titan exhaust
    Sport CDI unit.

I dont know if the Naraku CVK V2 Carb is so diferent to the sport 19mm, but with that pilot and main it runs well to fat.
    Any sugestions for a diferent carb or CDI?
    i dont want to run wiht this thing like a bik bike, for tht i have my Triike, i just will flow with the trafic wen i go to work

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

every bike is differnt. some bikes with exact same setup will have vastly different carb setups..

11. LewisE@

LewisE@ New Member

hi, what CDI did you put in this?