Peugeot jet force runs like crap..

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by z3011, Aug 12, 2014.

1. z3011

z3011 New Member

Just got my Gilera up and running again, so was thinking to try fix some issues on another scooter.. this time a Peugeot jet force 2005mod.

IT start very easy as normal, but idle at about 1500rpm and doesent sound good at all.. after a while it usually just stop when the rpm drop to much.

When give it full throttle, it doesent respond much really.. the sound change some, but the rpm maybe go up to around 2000 only.. there it can stay for like 30sec, before it slowly rise up to maybe 4000, and as soon as it passed 4000 it act about normal and go stright to the rev limiter..

It is possible to very slowly give it throttle, and in that way get the rpm up faster, but still..

When drive it, it is of course extremely slow in the start, but also after gain some rpm and speed it doesent sound normal, and it miss allot of pover it feels..

Would say it sounds like it missfire, but could just as well be a problem With the fuel injection i Guess..

After drive maybe 10-15 min it sometime start to missfire more and more and just stop completely.. but it always start again after wait some minutes..

the spark plug is New btw.. and the "engine Light" or what to Call it, turns itself of as normal after start, and never light while it runs..

Can not say i worked on a fuel injected scooter before, so really not sure were better to start..?

AS i understand the compressor could cause allot of problems..? what is normal symptoms in that case?

2. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Nope, my guess is the immobiliser. If the bike's battery has been allowed to go flat for any length of time, the immobiliser gets a 'headache' (it gets corrupted) and the symptoms are that it will idle, but won't rev over 2000rpm.

You need a Peugeot Stealer to plug their Game Boy into your bike (honestly - it's true - the programming of the ECU and immobiliser are done using a cartridge that plugs into a Game Boy) and it won't be cheap/ You'll aoso definitely need the red master key, to re-program the black keys.

If you can find out which type of immobiliser ECU is fitted to the bike and get a by-pass version, then I'd recommend that.

3. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    I nickname them the JetFarce...

4. z3011

z3011 New Member

well.. the symptoms are the same even With the belt of, so im sure it is not related to rollers or anything..

as for the compression its quite good, and also the sylinder and piston is almost New.

about the battery it was empty when i got it..

could try see if the previous owner has the red key of course, but doubt that..

and about the Gameboy thing i dont know anyone who got such a thing really..

but it does go over 2000rpm, just needs some time..

so is it a separate ecu for the imobilizer or is it togheter With the main ecu?

I just got it, so dont know much about the scooter in main..
    but after i got it i fixed the rollers who was stuck, and charge the battery and some gas and oil on it, it started and run pretty ok.. just after it slowly got worse and worse..

sins the ecu light doesent show any fault, it is perhaps not allot to get from the blink codes..?
    Tryed it just now, but didnt get any blinks, just the fuelpump started act very strange, and thats it..

Yeah, not the best scooters in the world i heard.. ;) but anyway got it so cheap, so tought could give it a chance:)

5. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
  6. z3011

z3011 New Member

i deleted all old fault codes today, and drive it for perhaps 5 min to see if there came any New, but nothing..

Also it just got allot worst as now i can not get more then maybe 4000rpm and it shoot allot in the exhaust..

Just Wonder if its related to the ignition or fuelsystem..? or if it is the ecu or imobilizer or whatever causing this?

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Last time i had one of these, i changed the filters, air, oil and fuel filters for new and it worked fine.
    Have you changed the filters at all?

8. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Naff ignition stator/coil??.

9. z3011

z3011 New Member

no i have not change any filter lately, but it is about same without airfilter, so can not be that anyway. could try the fuelfilter maybe.

Just start to think it could be the coil maybe.. i tested it With an strobelight or whatever its called..? and it clearly show that it cut the ignition each time it missfire..
    more it should come as a faultcode if there was smth wrong With anything else in the ignition system, as all goes via the ecu, before it goes to the coil it seems..

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Filters make a difference to the running on any bike, change them anyway.

11. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Could be the coil or the HT lead breaking down. The only way to find out is by replacing it.

12. z3011

z3011 New Member

Is HT lead the cable goes from the coil and to the sparkplug..? sorry, but English is not my strongest side.. :)
    Yes was think check if could find a coil laying around, or atleast borow one from someone.

Its a pretty "normal" ignition system, so should probably work ok With a coil from almost anything who has same system i think

Was think to change filters one day, but im pretty sure it doesent cut the spark anyway..

13. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    had same problem with my bike..changed cap and coil
    two wire coil from any 50cc_125cc bike should work.if it fixes it...get good one for it.don't worry about wire connected to it..they can go both ways.(usually).

14. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Yeah, the low tension (LT) side of the coil is the two wires, one that comes from the CDI out and the other being earth. The high tension (HT) side of the lead connects to the spark plug. Any Peugeot scooter one should work and I recommend the universal orange coloured racing ignition coils.

Old farts like me still refer to spark plug leads as HT leads.

15. z3011

z3011 New Member

Yes will try another coil as soon as i find one.
    Actually i think it is +12v and not Earth, but thx for clearing it With HT and LT :)