Persistent Jetting Problems

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by leo015, Feb 20, 2014.

1. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Hmm, i'll definitely try it! I suspect that the 90 jet might be a little lean again. This is because when the bike is from a cold start it needs like 3/4 to full throttle to accelerate or else it will just bog down. It has to be warmed up pretty good for it to act well. Opinions?

2. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    upjet & see!

3. brgil96

brgil96 Member

Well, first of all, you shouldnt really push the bike when cold. Second, if it revs good from 3/4 throttle to full throttle, then i'd say it isnt a main jet problem, most likely its a needle problem. Try dropping the needle clip one position (richer)

4. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Could the needle be also responsible for the leaking? Also how do i drop the needle?

5. brgil96

brgil96 Member

I doubt it can. What you need to do is to put the needle circlip one position lower
    [​IMG]

6. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Wait is that the carburetor piston? So i have to strip the carburetor?

7. brgil96

brgil96 Member

First time I ever heard someone call it a piston x) but yeah, it is, and yes, you have to strip it down. More specifically, you need to unscrew the screw thats next to the throttle cable, pull the "piston" off, remove the cable from the piston, adjust the needle clip, and re-do the steps backwards

8. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Hehe, where i live that's how they call it. It sounds like something a bit hard for me, i'm hesitating a bit to do it, cause i might do something wrong and fuck shit up.

9. brgil96

brgil96 Member

itss a really simple thing to be done, yout jus ake the needle off, and you see that it has 5 different positions where the circlip can be, it is probably on the middle position. Just take it of and put it one position lower. The nly thng you need to be careful is not to let the ciclip jump away when taking it off or you might en up losing it :p

10. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Hmm, i'll end up doing it but anyway. Is there anything easier to do before trying this?

11. brgil96

brgil96 Member

either that or upjeting, but i'd try both

12. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Hmm, ill first try the 100 jet and see. It couldn't be the pilot jet, could it?

13. brgil96

brgil96 Member

Nope, only 1/4 throttle and down

14. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Right, i took it for a spin today and it's pretty good. I just gotta fix the leaking and upjet. But i find that the scoot is finding it quite hard to accelerate more than 90 km/h . Is that the light roller's fault?

15. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    Update : So i did what you told me, it's still leaking but a little less. When i took out the seal i noticed that one of the round parts which is supposed to be for the screw is punctured. Is that the cause? Where can i buy a new one?

16. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    You can either order one from http://www.dellorto.co.uk/ (contact details at the bottom of the page - brilliant service) or you could try glueing it with Superglue rubber repair (I have tried this on carb seals and it works - surprisingly).

17. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    The situation is getting really frustrating. I have removed the bowl and put it back again more than 6 times today! I tried 110 and it was great, the scoot was flying. Then i thought to myself why not try the 120 also. I did, it was spluttering so i tried 115 also, a little less spluttering. This made me think 110 was perfect. Then i put the 110 back and surprisingly it was not like before! I dont know why, but im starting to get angry.

18. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    this is why you need to get the bowl tight with a new gasket. Call dell orto uk. They are great.

19. leo015

leo015 Member

Rides:
    Beta Ark LC
    How does it impact the performance?

20. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    if the bowl is not air tight the engine will suck air in anywhere it can get it. Since the level is below the edge of the bowl - especially on the move, you,ve got yourself an air leak. the air leak will make the motor too poor.