Performance

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Ellismit101, May 23, 2017.

1. Ellismit101

Ellismit101 New Member

Hi guys whats the best 125cc moped is there out there for performace and speed going up hills

2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Stick to Italian in my opinion! There all good/quick iv had many. My S plate typhoon I had was best for speed was quicker than my mates runner and was very reliable had done 32000km when I sold it

3. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Just a technical point a 125 is not a moped lol
    Anyway most 125 4 strokes will get to app 60mph with the possible exception of some Chinese brands.
    It's probably best to have a look around for anything you particularly like and look for reviews on that particular model.
    In terms of outright performance the older 2 stroke scooters will outperform most 4 strokes in standard form trouble is most will have been fiddled with by now lol.
    You'll find any 125 a big difference over a 50.
    It all depends on whether you are buying new or used against cost?
    My old Speedfight 50 will do near 50mph just by being derestricted and an aftermarket exhaust so basically all done for the exhaust price as the derestriction is free.
    That can be illegal though if you don't declare it to your insurance co. and they would probably refuse you anyway so just get a 125.

4. Sam phantom

There's plenty of Italian two stoke 125s out there that haven't been fiddled with I have had many over the years just take your time with picking a nice one. Veiw as many as you can and you'll get a nice one! I viewed 5scoots before I picked up my malaguti and it's 17 years old with the original engine! It runs sweet. the choice is huge on the second hand market, if you want speed! two stroke is the way forward in my opinion not to mention less to go wrong and way easier to work on than a 4t

5. Sam phantom

By the way! Do you want to sell the fire fox ?

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Old 2t scooters (typhoon/runner/sr's speedshites) are faster and fun as said BUT, they are now 14 y/o as they were banned in 03" so spares are very hard to find. New spares are disconnected and good s/h are very few. I would advise a good Kymco or SYM , piaggio 4t with spares backup.

7. Sam phantom

Banned?? From what? Making them? Are they all 4t now? You can get any spares for any bike you need from ped parts

8. Sam phantom

Just read it on line seems I have been under a rock! Oh well I'll have to keep my 2t going even longer now then lol can't beat that 2t smell mmmmmm

9. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

2 stroke over 50cc...