Pedro's Travels around Norfolk UK

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Tamiyacowboy, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    so me and pedro decided to stock up on the sausage rolls so a trip was in hand just a short ride but atleast i'm not walking or trying to push pedro home now.

The trip for the sausage roll adiction

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

guessing you live near a school....
    i forget how the uk lacks any real arcitecture....

3. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yeah buddy top of the road, and yep plenty of little street jawa's hanging round so you gotta be on your toes when they are let out of the yard lol.

ScootzMadness has given me some good pointers to adjust my bad habits, keeping a door an half passage when passing parked cars and filtering when theres more than three/four cars in waiting lines . going to be spending this year on pedro then come cbt renwal see if they think i could go straight to A2 exam :)

scubabiker likes this.
  4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

doing the training i think personally was the best thing i did, i had ridden for maybe ten years prior to doing my DAS, but i had so many little niggles. i also find bigger bikes are more stable (exept my stupid beemer, thats an abomination)....
    i would advise some lessons, even if its just 2 days.... MOD1 is a piece of piss, just remember it all counts the second you walk out the test centre door....
    mine was almost cancelled "because of snow" i had mod1 and mod 2 the same day as i had a plane back to norway 2 days after...
    i told the instructor that if he thought a little ground frost in the corner was snow he needed to grow some balls... true story... 9and a week before i was riding an SV650 in a foot of snow!) yes, i worked as a motorcycle mechanic without a licence! but thats a different story...

Tamiyacowboy likes this.
  5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i just subbed to your channel, will get some videos up on mine when i can be bothered....

Tamiyacowboy likes this.
  6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Passed my bike test way back in the late 80's.
    Passed my instructors test in 2007.
    Scraped through the theory by 1 point.
    3 days of bollockings from my instructor due to my bad habits.
    Too fast, too close, no lifesaver, late braking, wrong road position, I got it all wrong.
    Test day it all clicked, not marked down on anything; even though I took the wrong exit off the island.

Lessons are a good thing, even after you've passed your test.

Tamiyacowboy and scubabiker like this.
  7. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Quick heads up guys : sainsuburys have 32gb class 10 micro SD card for £12 , yep thats right class ten micro cards 32gb for £12 what a bargain.
    these days most phones - cameras can accept a micro card, but the sainsburys cards also come with a SDHC card adaptor so best of both worlds thought it would be handy for folks riding with phone satnavs and a lotta apps hogging up system memory and todays rider cams to.

Edit: also now able to upload full trips and not have to upload two files, windows 10 did not come with movie maker so i have started to use a free video editor called Hitfilm 4 express , its blooming awesome , my two way trip is two 1.3gb files but running it in the editor and exporting out its only 1.3gb for the full two :) happy days ...... and the amount of extra features you can use is great , slo mo - speed up - trimming - effects etc etc and all free to

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Well Today i went to meet up with a fellow biker for a coffee and a natter up at our local asda, the last time we saw each other was at the halloween meet up.
    alas Kyle was unable to make it, but the hour sitting around in my zebra getup had some funny looks some cool comments and a lotta smiles and " hey theres a zebra " from the younger kids with parents.

heres the Video, i did try to speed it up but the audio went out of sync , im still learning how to use hitfilm 4 express.

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

im still trying to work out how to edit videos....

10. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    you should have a watch on this video buddy ( hitfilm 4 express , enter your details ie username a pword and email addy, then when you click email link to download and it asks you to share to google/twitter/facebook just click one then click the top right X to leave it, the download button is under it) theres a few short tutorials on how to use hitfilm4 and its blloming great as a freebie ;)

scubabiker likes this.
  11. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    So pedro goes back out for a short trip but this time with the ramblings of a middle ages dude in control.
    you must excuse my use of some bad language ( its not full of swearing but i do swear a little bit ), you may also need to turn down your volume a tad due to the wind noise created by not having a chin curtain, the spada intrepid is somewhat noisey on the mic.
    we take a run out to the doctors and back again just to check the recording function is all working. i also need to tweek the cameras angle slightly but that will come later.

the gear setup for younger riders:
    kitvision HD5 with mic conversion, Spada Intrepid dual sport helmet - Spada armour jacket - Spada padded over trousers - Spada SP1 boots - GlobalWarming Mercury motorcycle gloves
    Scooter : Sym jet red devil (aka euro x aka basi x ), technigas trek pipe - 17.5mm dello carb - 80 main jet - stock pilot jet - 60 choke jet - naraku 3 x 6g and 3 x 8g rollers - naraku belt - stock clutch rear pulley - stock variator

and for you guys wondering we had a max speed of 45 on clock, with a gps reading of 40mph

Enjoy and contradict and/or offer advice its all welcome :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Play in fast forward and it looks like your going 90mph.... :)

Tamiyacowboy likes this.
  13. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    lol scuba , yeah i gotta learn to edit what to cut out and what to keep :)

14. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Ive still not even booted up that editing software, ive been so busy, not even ridden a bike in over 2 weeks...
    Really need to get that VF starter relay...

15. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Today we head out to Norwich city and a visit to Infinity Motorcycles to grab a Oxford face mask in hope we can cut down on glasses fogging and visor fogging with the spada dual sport Intrepid lid.
    while there we have a window shop at the Harley Davison store and Lind BMW

19:55 - Harley store Norwich
    21:30 - Lind BMW

16. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Todays upload is the Kitvision external mic fur cover to see if we can cut down that wind noise. now i think i works fairly well you can now hear the exhaust tone and me speaking more clearly. i moved the mic to the left cheek pad area and done some home sewing . i used a keyring fur pom pom and created a deadcat wind muff for the microphone. BUT the bigger issue is visor fogging with or without the face mask its becoming a problem. but the mic works well even when we have the visor ajar to clear the vision ahead.

17. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Oh shizzle Diesel in a petrol scooter ......

so after a month off the road trying to work out what was wrong ... yeah i put 6lt of diesel into a petrol scooter.... today was the first ride out cammed up just a short potter around the village burning gas to start the flushing process .

7 mins = the unusual warble sound as the scooter tops out at 40mph on max rpm , what do you think it is ?
    20 :18 = scooter takes a dive and starts to stall out , stinking of petrol but no leaks and then rides off like nothings wrong.

enjoy !!

18. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Meet pippa the skipper, we go for a first time ride on the piaggio skipper st 125 , talk piggy rolls and sofa seating, then we mosh out to the bypass and throw open the throttle and cruise at a healthy 50+ mph

19. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Walcott Beach, scouting for fishing marks.

today we headed out to a lesser known beach called walcott, its a quaint little place with the coastal road passing right beside the beach front, we head down onto the sandy shore and place an ode to the shack to , then we head upto the local shops and cafe/chipshop. on the way home we bump into Kyle on his supermoto so the vlog gets cut short somewhat.

if you like these sort of trips i can do a few more to the local shorelines around norfolk , maybe some shack members will feel like giving norfolk a visit for short break holidays to :)

20. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Were those huge pipes any where near you by chance?