Pedparts refund problems

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bluefloyd, Feb 5, 2018.

1. bluefloyd

bluefloyd New Member

I'm having some issues with the above company (pedparts.co.uk) with regards to refunding a faulty exhaust. The thing was 10mm out in every direction absolutely awfully made (not the trader's fault). Under their refund policy, I've had to pay to get it sent back so I'm doubly out of pocket, and ended up cycling which was very painful! I sent pictures via email but that wasn't enough.

It's been two weeks since they recieved the exhaust and they still wont confirm that they have even looked at it. Just terse emails pointing me to their refund policy which they think allows them 30 days to ignore the issue - while they still have my money. If they would let me know what was going on it might help, but they refuse.

I'm really losing my patience and the long drive is stopping me from going down there to knock on their door (which I might end up doing out of principle).

Has anyone actually managed to get a refund from them? are they the cowboys I think they are? I honestly haven't come across a company with worse customer service skills with regard to refunds.

Any responses positive or negative greatly appreciated!

2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

I have used them for years and always been really happy with them if I ever have a query by email they reply the same day and have also had good luck with them on the phone.Have you given them a call with your problems ?

That’s a real shame your having problems with them I wouldn’t say there cowboys I find there parts good and well priced but saying that I’ve always gone for the more well known makes I steer away from any thing cheap!

I hope you manage to get sorted! what pipe was it you ordered from them ? Might help others steer clear if it was poorly made

3. bluefloyd

bluefloyd New Member

Hi, yeah, I've also had things from them before. This is the first time I've had to send something back. Looking around on the internet there are many stories that tell a similar tale - I wish I'd searched before. I will take action if I need to, but I'm rather hoping it's not required. The exhaust was a Tecnhigas Silent I think, absolute rubbish - the one I received was anyway.

End of the day - if I never buy anything from them again, which I won't even if I get my money back. It's cost them much more than the £25 profit they made on the sale. Plus if a few people read this and also don't buy big ticket items in case they fall foul of their (no) refund policy - it's cost them a lot of money. It's shortsighted bottom line thinking that ruins businesses. There is a reason why John Lewis etc have returns policies far in excess of legal requirements. You learn a lot about a business when things don't go right.

Of course I do stand to be corrected and if the issue is resolved I will come back and let you know.

4. bluefloyd

bluefloyd New Member

Just following on from this, the sales assistant or whoever responds to the emails at Pedparts says I'm now blocked! All because they won't tell me whether they've looked at the returned exhaust, whether they've sent it away - absolutely no information. Other than, wait 30 days. Hilarious. Honestly the rudest company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

5. Sam phantom

This I’m very surprised at..as I said I have always found them to be very helpful

6. bluefloyd

bluefloyd New Member

7. bluefloyd

bluefloyd New Member

8. Sam phantom

Just last week They offered me some free stuff if I gave them a review on trust pilot

I haven’t had to deal with the returns people before hopefully I never have too!

Hope they refund you soon. At the end of the day they have a much larger stock for my bike then any other scooter shop I know so I kind of need them... and never had a problem always had a good service from them

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  9. Sam phantom

My above post has been edited due to my unintentional and incorrect post involving Pedparts where I said they asked me for a good review which they DID NOT! they asked me for “a review” the reason I put they asked me for good review is becouse I’d given them a good review before hand for there professional service I have received.. so a simple and innocent mistake

10. bluefloyd

bluefloyd New Member

Ha! I wonder if they'll ask me to review. I doubt it.

11. bluefloyd

bluefloyd New Member

In total fairness - I had an email stating that they will refund the money literally 15 minutes after my last post so I will delete that, coincidence, maybe. It's day 25, 3 working days left before their own cut-off date. When/if I receive it I'll post so the thread is complete then people can make up their own minds as to whether it's worth the risk of dealing with them.

12. Sam phantom

Tbh there a well used and busy business that send out hundreds of orders a week I would of thought, so 30 days is how long it takes to process a refund I surpose... sounds like they have done every thing by the book to me, and in your case three days early

Good to know you got your refund

13. bluefloyd

bluefloyd New Member

I suppose the issue for most working people on a limited budget is - who can afford to pay for a second item (in this case an exhaust) while you wait 30 days to see if you're going to get your money back from the first one. They won't send you a replacement either BTW until this is done - 30 days later. It's not reasonable, regardless of how busy they are. The burden of proof is on the business to prove that the item isn't faulty and it should be done as quickly as possible, not as they see fit, and not to their own 30 day timescale.

Can you imagine buying a TV from Tesco which doesn't work, calling them up and them telling you you need to pay to send it back, they won't collect, and it'll be a month before they make a decision on whether you get your cash back or get a replacement. Add on to that, everytime you ask them if they have even looked at the TV they tell you, 'wait 30 days' - no other information - nothing, then they block you! If you wouldn't accept it from a big Ltd. company you definitely shouldn't accept it from a sole trader.:)

As I said - to complete the thread, if they come through with the refund I will post.

14. Sam phantom

I understand what your saying,its inconvenient. I just meant that’s there policy so what can you do!?

Not sure about Tesco and all that lol...

Like you said Let us know what the outcome is
    Good luck!

15. bluefloyd

bluefloyd New Member

So in the interest of fairness - they have come through with the refund finally. If I was down to my last dime and couldn't have afforded to buy another in the meantime, I would have been without the bike for 4 weeks. Support your local traders if this is the best that this online retailer can offer.

16. bluefloyd

bluefloyd New Member

So, if you leave a bad review for Pedparts on trustpilot (or Google for that matter), the owner concocts some utter trash as a response to try and make it look as if it's the customer's fault. What an awful company - seems like there are many others having the same terrible experience with this lot too. If they were professional, costed out the amount of time they've spent arguing with people, blatantly lying, and the associated lost business, they'd realise why more successful companies put customers first. You've been warned!!!

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Andy normally replies on here about ped parts.
    I ordered something that got lost in the post and they sent me out a new one for free (im an international customer too)

18. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

my friend have bought parts in total of aproxomatly 500-600 gbp"maybe more" from pedoparts, but i remember he had some issue with some cheap faulty part, they didnt respond on email or nothing, tho they have some good guides/info out there, in my case i buy my stuff somewhere else