ped bog think airfilter is to big ??

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by antzip50, Apr 30, 2010.

1. antzip50

antzip50 New Member

i ordered a new air filter the pm tuning one but ive ordered the wrong one i think it a bit to big for my ped any suggestions on what jet size to put in or to do to make it run ok it bog to much and ive got a 74 jet in it

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    :confused: how many times

you need to change your rollers, read the guides, read all the m,illion other posts identical to this one, use the search, and then if you REALLY cant find what your looking for ask. but you dont need to, as this is coverd more times than a dutch prossie

3. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    I have the SAME filter as that. Its not "too big" your jetting is just way too lean... Start with a stupidly big main jet like a 120, then down jet untill it runs best.

As minor said, lighter rollers will help too.. But you are just wasting your time with an air filter.

All this trouble with getting it running right, for what?? More noise so you can pretend your ped is a 172?? More fuel consumpsion.. Will drink like a car with one of those on it.

Oh and you loose power with a filter on standard engines.. To get any gain what so ever you need a tuned mid-race - race spec engine.

4. antzip50

antzip50 New Member

the reason for getting this is because my tyre burnt a whole in my airbox and someone had already made a whole in the front so i had to massive holes and i will 70's the bike so that wa the m ain reason for buying the airfilter sorry for the inconvnience of the post i just was asking because i wasnt sure thank you
    and i am havint 5 gram rollers put in today

5. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    You need to get a mudguard for the zip rear wheel mate because its only a matter of time before your air filter hits the tyre too.

But if you must run that filter.. Then you to start with a big mainjet and work your way down untill it runs ok.. It'll never run perfect with that filter on a standard engine though.

Get some lighter rollers too

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the jet size he has is more than adiquate... 120 jet? what the FUCK are you talkjing about?

80 at most on a stock carb on a stock bike... the rest is ALL in the rollers... NO 70 will EVER run bigger than a 100 jet (ive run 28mm carbs on seriously ported monster 70's with less than a 100 jet in them) overfueling will make it run... but not for long..

BASICLY. putting WAY too big a jet in will work, but will eventually blow your engine... your basicly richening the mixture untill your overfilling the air wiht fuel,, to wich point only the fuel in the mix will burn.. basicly your WASTING air and eliminating air from the cylinder by putting more fuel in, then the fuel isnt burning, its being spat into your exhaust (taking wiht it the oil thats ment to lubricate your engine wiht it) everyone seems to horidly overjet for filters when its quite simply a roller issue.. these run a 53/56 main jet as stock, youve gone up to a 74 wich should be perfect depending on the pipe/rollers.... jumping up to a 120 and working down means a, buying LOTS of jets you will never use and b, when it "runs best" it will be running best due to the fact its so rich it simply doesent burn off the fuel, meaning your engine is producing LESS power than stock and wasting fuel, just for the sake of having a filter....

120 main jet..... come on :confused:

7. antzip50

antzip50 New Member

thanks for the help im going to get a back mud guard then get the rollers in then see how it runs thanks for the help :)