Peaugeot bulbs

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Mikey59, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Mikey59

Mikey59 Member

yesterday I purchased a Peugeot Speedfight 3 125 4 stroke.the two main headlight bulbs have blown and not yet sure how to remove them.can anyone tell me the exact bulbs I need.many thanks

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  2. Mikey59

Mikey59 Member

Anyone

3. AndreiMadness125

AndreiMadness125 Member

I did a quick search and nothing comes up for the model you described, but I found a Pulse lightspeed, is that your model?

I assume you need to remove the front panel by unscrewing it from the steering column housing, look for screws holding it on. Take a close look through the headlight lenses to see what the shape of the bulbs in there are like. Might be similar to car H4 headlights, H1 or something similar.

4. Mikey59

Mikey59 Member

My mistake,it’s a Peugeot Speedfight 3 125 4 stroke I nave

5. AndreiMadness125

AndreiMadness125 Member

Take a look at removing your front panel as I mentioned, there should be a number of screws which hold the front panel to the steering column housing, I would presume that it's a similar procedure on most scooters. The headlamps would usually be attached by screws to the front panel, and you should gain access to the bulbs via an access rubber gaiter or something similar on the back of the headlamp units.

Do your bulbs look anything like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162719552133

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  6. Mikey59

Mikey59 Member

Looking through the panel they do.am I right in thinking that the left side is high beam and the right side is low beam...or are both high and low?

7. AndreiMadness125

AndreiMadness125 Member

It depends on the scooter model, some have twin dipped/high beam, some have one high, one dipped, do you have a switch on the dash to switch between dipped and high beam?

8. Mikey59

Mikey59 Member

There is a switch to switch between beams but not sure if its twin or single dipped has the bulbs were blown when I bought the scooter.scooter is the Peugeot Speedfight 3 125 iceblade 4 stroke

9. AndreiMadness125

AndreiMadness125 Member

If neither the dipped or high beam work at all, the only way to tell is to remove the bulbs and see if they have 1 or 2 filaments inside. If they have 1 filament, it's single beam, if they have 2 filaments, then they are dipped/high beam.

10. Mikey59

Mikey59 Member

I’ve not rode the scooter has of yet but have just stated it up and turned the switch to high beam and the left hand side bulb works,could still be a 2 filament has it’s quite possible the low beam filament has blown..the right hand side bulb has definitely blown

11. AndreiMadness125

AndreiMadness125 Member

In that case, see if you can remove the front panel and remove one of the bulbs, and look at what type of bulb it is, it's usually stamped in small letters on the metal outer ring of the bulb. Then you'll know what to order or go buy.

12. 4strokelover

4strokelover Active Member

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    They could just be single beam with on/off switch.
    Mine has a dimmer switch but its only got single filament bulbs (H8 Halogens) so the switch acts like a on/off switch.

13. Mikey59

Mikey59 Member

What scooter do you have?

14. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Sorry for the late reply.
    I have a Aprilia SR50 R

15. Mikey59

Mikey59 Member

Taken the bulb out and it’s a Philips h8 12v 35w.they seem to be expensive...my bike shop want £15..bugger that..anyone any links to where I can find one cheaper

16. AndreiMadness125

AndreiMadness125 Member

They can be found cheaper on ebay if you have time to order and wait.

17. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    P

18. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Wont any good automotive shop do bulbs? If your lights are DC you can run an LED "bulb" ive got an AC headlight with an Led.