passed my test, bought a bike

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by Nathanael, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

Passed my test 2 weeks ago and decided a cheap big bike would do the trick for a bit of long distance reliability. 800quid later and I had a 1986 BMW K100, apparently known as the flying brick.

Its very comfortable, I can get 90mpg out of it, you can run it down to 1000rpm in top gear and its rather rapid. I have named it Adolf. Strange having BMW car drivers try to race you all the time though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/BMW_K100_PL.JPG

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Good for you,man - best of luck.:).

Nathanael likes this.
  3. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    oh yes. that's.... ooohhh yeaahhhh

sorry. I love bmw bikes. especially the earlier stuff. considering a full faired r80 ex police bike at the moment.
    nice name for it too. weirdo. ;)

and the bmw car drivers. how to deal with those - floor it.

well done and congrats on the bike.
    ride safe.

4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Most of the B.M.W. drivers I used to encounter up in the City,were office boys maxed out to the limit on thier credit cards,with massive inferiority complexes from being treated like tea-boys,generally you put a crack in that false front of thier's ....they can become -irrational,f.miss those days,wistful look.................... :D:D.

scootzmadness likes this.
  5. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

I think the name suits it, and with fuel economy like that you could cover most of europe on one tank (which is huge by the way) ;)

Fancied something different from a sports bike and more comfortable.Most of the 600cc bikes felt quite buzzy and were always urging you to go faster. On this you can plod around at 40 all day quite happily and still have very satisfying acceleration when the need takes over. +its low maintenance with the shaft drive

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of bigger bikes:)

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i got 460 odd KM out of one tank on my R100 GS its a world of differnt from my mental VF. fun to ride tho. not named mine yet, ive been calling it das mottrrad for lack of a better name. got a pic?