opinions please?

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by ady347, May 19, 2014.

1. ady347

ady347 Member

ok so at 34 years old i decided to buy a scooter to go to work on to save on fuel costs. As i wasnt sure if this was a midlife crisis and whether i even liked a scooter i bought this 50cc off ebay, it was local to me owned by an old boy, came with 12 months tax and mot and cost me £250. it was blue and looked pretty poor, it is a suzuki ap 50. yeah yeah i know!!!
    anyway 3000 trouble free miles later i have decided to sell it as i want a 125cc scooter similiar to a piaggio x8 or honda pantheon, like a crusing scooter.
    Before anyone tells me i wasted my money on this scooter all parts were necessary just decided to pay a bit more and have something better, along the way i tried to style it to make it more appealing to a 16 year old after i finished with it due to what it is!,
    and hopefully even at my age i hope i didnt too bad of a job????
    it has had a technigas chrome r exhaust as original fell off!! £109
    lightweight rollers (came with exhaust)
    gas shock as original was leaking £65
    new handgrips only £10
    monster stickers £8.
    matt black and green paint was free from work so no cost their, just alot of my time in prep and spraying.
    alarm cost £15 and its brilliant, remote start and allsorts.
    xenon bulb upgrade as original wasnt even halogen and frankly dangerous!
    led light bulbs behind speedo to give a white look as original looked yellow at night and crap.

it now does 45mph on the flat with my 13stone on it, but does that pretty much down hill too so i guess the gearing is not helping.

original ebay pic

[​IMG]

the bike now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

clean, tidy, kids wont care what it is, as long as it goes and does wheelies when they're pulling the front up for all they're worth, and its within the parents budget for a first scooter.
    You see about £450 i reckon.

3. ady347

ady347 Member

anything around £400 would b nice, tbh if it did about 60mph id probably keep it, been a great little scooter