Opinions please - Carb kit

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by _Rennur_, Feb 4, 2014.

1. _Rennur_

_Rennur_ 2-stroke or no stroke.

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of doing some basic tuning to my Piaggio Hexagon 180 ready for the summer.
    I had it dyno'd last summer at taffspeed and it's putting out 17bhp as standard.

I've been told that with a suitable exhaust and carb kit I should see 20-22bhp after it gets setup.

So far I've purchased the following exhaust:
    http://www.pmtuning.co.uk/piaggio-hexagon-x-tech-exhaust-pipe-6798

This is the only main one I could find that would fit the hexagon, I had considered a PM59 and getting it altered to fit the scooters body work but decided to get one that should 'just fit'.

I am now thinking of getting the following carb kit to go with it:
    http://www.pmtuning.co.uk/stage-2-carb-kit-runner-drag-125-180-air-filter-cnt-manifo

Can anyone advise if there would be a better option I should look at for the carb kit. I'm not looking to do any other modifications to the engine beyond exhaust and carb and will be keeping the autolube system.

2. Storm

Storm Member

Rides:
    Nothing atm
    25MM Dellorto Carb is the way to go and get it drilled for oil and vacuum. Ill send you a link of place which has it and will do it that way your spending less than £90 on complete carb. You can choose any air filter you want as well from £10 upwards. This is much cheaper than the pm kit. Half the price technically. You can use your standard manifold and reeds.

P.s. You'll be lucky to see 20hp by the way

3. _Rennur_

_Rennur_ 2-stroke or no stroke.

Thanks Storm but I would rather something that is ready to go, don't want to faff about having to modify it.
    Have you or has anyone here used the PM kit, any opinions on it?

4. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    i used the pm 25mm kit

bolted on and fitted the upjet kit needed to run an open filter and did 3k miles without a hicup

should be worth the money

for you i would suggest contacting a guy called minor fusion too see how much he would charge to port your 180 barrel only a little to up the power!!!

5. Storm

Storm Member

Rides:
    Nothing atm
    The Pm Kits plug n play i guess so no worries