On the straight & narrow.?.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mark Emerson Trentham, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    ?,best way too ensure you're steerings dead straight ??,bars slide onto stem and are clamped - I'm angling at using 2 long lengths of wood butted up against sides/rear wheel & 'ped being propped straight up without being on stand.

scubabiker likes this.
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

That's the way to do it. You can use a kerb too.

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

That's ok for making sure the wheels are in-line, but for the bars to be straight?
    Only way I've found is to fit the bars, clamp them just enough so they pinch the stem, turn full lock one way then the bars will move just that little bit more, mark the point where they stop, full lock the other way, same again, measure the distance between the marks, set the bars in the middle of it, clamp tight, go for a quick spin.
    You'll know straight away whether you are spot on or not.......

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Not around here I can't..100 yards away from a Crossrail site,kerbs are bollo*** from lorries ;.

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Can't figure out personally why they haven't used markings on stem/frame/bars.??.
    deffo gotta get it right/mind....front wheels hardly skimming the road half the time:).more concerned with it touching down on bumps and side wiggling my arse off the seat.:):).